+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Death.

Death.

We lost my wife's mother this morning after a long and hideous battle against Parkinson's.......a disease I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy after seeing what it reduces a person to at the end.

What a stoic lot her generation were though,I never saw her shed a tear even though what she went through was truly awful,the word "brave" doesn't do her justice.

There are very few of her type left now,it's very apparent in my own family that WE are about to take over as the "old generation" and that we are next in line to face up to meeting our end.....I often ask myself how brave or possibly pathetically weak I might be when the moment looms.

Margaret was a rare type,a mother in law of whom not a bad word could be said.....I knew her for nearly 32 years yet never fell out with her or even had a single crossed word.

People who know me might find that impossible to believe.....the truth is it says everything you need to know about her,such a nice,kind person with not a bad bone in her body.

RIP Margaret.....we shall all miss you greatly.

I know what it's like lost my father in law last November but he had Parkinson's and Louis bodied dimentia as well not nice at all he was diagnosed in his late 50s

Very well said Mick. Clearly you had a wonderful mother-in-law.

You are absolutely right about our parents generation; they were far tougher, less emotional, and braver than us.

Talking to some friends about this very topic only two days ago....
    My own mother is almost 90 years old and even now rarely ever takes a pain tablet for anything.....while I myself will reach for a painkiller after a long run. There passing generation had little and expected little in the end.....unlike many (myself included) coming behind them....Sorry for your loss Mick as well as your wife's.
    I tto hope as well as wonder how I will cope with my approaching demise.......hopefully with a bit of dignity....

My wife's mother lived with it for many years before succumbing to it Mick. Horrible disease, she was little more than 5 stone when she died. She never complained as far as I know either.
    Probably better than having dementia (daughter in law's mother recently died from that) as you still have your mind functioning, but not much better.
    Agree about the generations Mick, and those following us are far worse than us, and the generation after them are awful whingers.
    All the best Mick.

Avoided reading this because assumed it could only be morbid. Wrong it's actually quite uplifting.

Deepest sympathies Mick, terrible thing to get, I lost a beautiful sister to the same thing.

Sorry for your loss mick

And I hope everything went well for your son!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)