+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When we go into admin

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    The thread isn't meant to be negative for the sake of being negative. Being negative is coming on here every time we lose and only when we lose. I understand why folk arent happy with the thread though as it's not a possibility anyone wants to consider.
    But if spelling out in print the harsh reality that faces us if the money runs out is only facing up to a realistic possibility under this chairman.

And hunted, you nailed my point exactly, about so called fan investors waiting for a knock down bargain day. But the reality is that is why we are where we are, and who could blame them.
    The rumours are out there that some interested parties dont want to give ST the money he wants. If they are true, then i really cant blame someone waiting til admin!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    The rumours are out there that some interested parties dont want to give ST the money he wants. If they are true, then i really cant blame someone waiting til admin!
    Could this interested party be Nelms?

Careful what you wish for.

Anyone buying United in admin could well be buying a club with no Tannadice, Gussie and car park as assets.

Any default could lead to the security for these assets being actioned putting ownership of them out of the club.

Who wants to buy a club with these assets gone and the club needing to lease them back?

Look at Dundee. 300k a year for Dens. Probably be closer to 400k maybe even 500k a year for Tannadice.

I can’t see the sense in waiting to admin and risk buying a club with no assets other than just the players and likely chucked out of St Andrews for defaulting. Better to buy before admin and have the guaranteed assets. Unless some of these “white knights” actually fancy the idea of renting use of the new Dundee stadium at Campy.

Council parks and renting the stadium. Not a good combo.

Quote Originally Posted by GFLower View Post
    Could this interested party be Nelms?

Careful what you wish for.
    Personally dont want the risk of admin as my wish is that ST drops his price for the right person. Then when new owners move in, the assets are bought and returned to ownership. However, i like the idea that someone else owns the ground that the phoenix can rise from.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Personally dont want the risk of admin as my wish is that ST drops his price for the right person. Then when new owners move in, the assets are bought and returned to ownership. However, i like the idea that someone else owns the ground that the phoenix can rise from.
    The club still currently own all the assets. It’s just that they are secured against loans.

As long as no default the assets remain owned by the club.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)