+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United -v - Ipswich Town ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    I take it Rev mate you have a weakness for white wine huh?
    Why of course george..only a perv would think otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    WTF will be delighted
    Yes I am Rev, we won so I'm very pleased indeed.

Wiedwald made it harder than it should have been, we should have won 3 - 1.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    great Great points scored, great goals scored, great goals conceded, can’t ask much more really
    "Great goals conceded"? Care to explain?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "Great goals conceded"? Care to explain?

Poor lad gets so carried away with all his posts, he loses himself in his excitment......'normal' service will resume as soon as possible, guaranteed!

A great number of goals conceded, only 5 in 9 games

Felix was like a rabbit in the headlights today. Poor handling, putting his own defenders under pressure, at fault for there 2nd goal. It was like having Silvestri back in the nets. Sorry but just see him being the weak link in an otherwise pretty solid team.

Was not aware of the story in the article below;

"Finally, Lasogga is back and with a slightly bigger family. His first-born arrived in the world on Friday night. The player elected to keep this a secret in order to play the game, before flying back to Germany to meet his child (and presumably furious partner). While I’d be 50 shades of dead had I attempted anything like this with my other half, I admire his commitment to Leeds (a club he owes very little to, it’s worth noting) to miss such a life-defining moment for. This is the kind of thing that becomes a footnote in a remarkable season and I’m delighted that he managed to bag a lovely goal to mark the occasion.

He’s either brilliant, stupid or incredibly brave. I don’t care which, because when he latched onto that thru-ball from defence, tracked his run beautifully before firing a precise shot into the bottom corner past the outstretched keeper, it didn’t matter anymore. Friends, family, fatherhood, all faded away into that one beautiful moment where I was no longer concerned with his personal status or the testicle-shattering greeting he’ll get from the mother of his child, but concerned only with the goal and the prospect of 3 points.

You sometimes look at moments like these; games like Ipswich, looming fixtures like Cardiff and think “football really is brilliant isn’t it?”. If this is going to be a season that we remember for a long time, a new father doing the unthinkable to help Leeds achieve the unimaginable would be a beautiful moment to reflect on. “Side before self” may be stencilled onto Elland Road, but the fact it’s being stencilled into the souls of the players is what makes me believe Leeds can beat Cardiff. Against any rational thought, statistics, probability or holy-man blessing the pitch, you win through desire. Leicester won a title because they wanted it more than anyone else. A man we had on loan wanted a single goal against a town he’d never heard of more than he wanted to witness his first child being born. If that’s not remarkable then what are we even doing anymore?"

Hugely impressed with the guys commitment, whatever prompted it (and I suspect it wasn't all about financial rewards) and by his performance during the match (given the events elsewhere in his family).

"Finally, Lasogga is back and with a slightly bigger family. His first-born arrived in the world on Friday night. The player elected to keep this a secret in order to play the game, before flying back to Germany to meet his child (and presumably furious partner). While I’d be 50 shades of dead had I attempted anything like this with my other half, I admire his commitment to Leeds (a club he owes very little to, it’s worth noting) to miss such a life-defining moment for. This is the kind of thing that becomes a footnote in a remarkable season and I’m delighted that he managed to bag a lovely goal to mark the occasion.

He’s either brilliant, stupid or incredibly brave. I don’t care which, because when he latched onto that thru-ball from defence, tracked his run beautifully before firing a precise shot into the bottom corner past the outstretched keeper, it didn’t matter anymore. Friends, family, fatherhood, all faded away into that one beautiful moment where I was no longer concerned with his personal status or the testicle-shattering greeting he’ll get from the mother of his child, but concerned only with the goal and the prospect of 3 points.

You sometimes look at moments like these; games like Ipswich, looming fixtures like Cardiff and think “football really is brilliant isn’t it?”. If this is going to be a season that we remember for a long time, a new father doing the unthinkable to help Leeds achieve the unimaginable would be a beautiful moment to reflect on. “Side before self” may be stencilled onto Elland Road, but the fact it’s being stencilled into the souls of the players is what makes me believe Leeds can beat Cardiff. Against any rational thought, statistics, probability or holy-man blessing the pitch, you win through desire. Leicester won a title because they wanted it more than anyone else. A man we had on loan wanted a single goal against a town he’d never heard of more than he wanted to witness his first child being born. If that’s not remarkable then what are we even doing anymore?"

Hugely impressed with the guys commitment, whatever prompted it (and I suspect it wasn't all about financial rewards) and by his performance during the match (given the events elsewhere in his family).
    One of your better ones WTF. Hard to believe he wasnt getting game time for his previous club. Maybe we're onto a winner here either by good luck or good judgement.

Been away for a few weeks, and come back to this arse licking crap from you.
    Jesus - it's all one way - then all the other.

Think I'll go away again - it was great to look in and not to see your negative drivel - but having read this pretentious bull - I think I want the miserable fecker back - if any that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Been away for a few weeks, and come back to this arse licking crap from you.
    Jesus - it's all one way - then all the other.

Think I'll go away again - it was great to look in and not to see your negative drivel - but having read this pretentious bull - I think I want the miserable fecker back - if any that is.
    😂😂😂😂😂

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)