+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ashley has dropped the asking price for NUFC

LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES!

He has no intention of selling the club. This is all an 'exercise in public relations' via Mike Ashley media partners so that he has an excuse for not spending any money in the January transfer window.

He's going nowhere unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES!

He has no intention of selling the club. This is all an 'exercise in public relations' via Mike Ashley media partners so that he has an excuse for not spending any money in the January transfer window.

He's going nowhere unfortunately.
    I agree with this.... Ashley has absolutely no intention of selling the club. it would take an astronomical amount to cover all the advertising he gets.

I'm not bothered about January spending though, as, he would only allow money to be spent if he thought we may go down.

if we are doing ok, he wouldn't invest to push on. the sooner we all accept that, the sooner we will stop stressing over it.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    You must be rich if 20 million pounds is no big deal. If he'd put the price up by 20 million, you'd be spitting blood.

If I was given a 5% discount before starting price negotiations, I'd be pretty pleased.
    i never said £20m pounds is no big deal BUT the context is a plss take, if i saw a holiday for £400 and i knew it was worth half that, then the travel agent said they would knock 20 quid off , i wouldnt be impressed.
    On the flip side , if a man who pleads he has no money to give Rafa for survival, says he will give 20 million pounds to the team to win a cup and then is willing to knock another 20million off his asking price for the club, this proves to me he is a fat lying bast*rd who is probably exercising another PR stunt to improve his share price in his beloved sports direct at our expence AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    I agree with this.... Ashley has absolutely no intention of selling the club. it would take an astronomical amount to cover all the advertising he gets.

I'm not bothered about January spending though, as, he would only allow money to be spent if he thought we may go down.

if we are doing ok, he wouldn't invest to push on. the sooner we all accept that, the sooner we will stop stressing over it.

He has stated that he will not spend anymore money on the club. So come January we will have money for players from what we have generated which will be phuck all when you take into account the club running costs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post

He has stated that he will not spend anymore money on the club. So come January we will have money for players from what we have generated which will be phuck all when you take into account the club running costs!!!
    We will have two instalments of TV money worth £70ish million,Im assuming that there will be something leftover for a dip in the bargain basement..

Hey Ho, and most of us believed hime when he first came here and said he would put £20 million of his own money in each season.

Instead he takes a lump out each season insead of selling the advertising space his TAT is taking up.

Hey Ho, and most of us believed hime when he first came here and said he would put £20 million of his own money in each season.

Instead he takes a lump out each season insead of selling the advertising space his TAT is taking up.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    from £400m to £380M................. oh thanks Mike ffs.

According to the Times, he has made several potential buyers sign non-disclosure agreements, hopefully we will be
    rid of him soon
    Been up for sale since the Keegan debacle iirc.

It's pretty simple.
    If Ashley drops his asking price to 30 pence or gives the club away for free......................OR, he gets 100/200/300 or whatever, million for the club, there is only one hope that should come from it.

The hope that it's not a out of the fire and into the frying pan type of scenario.
    I understand the hatred for him and I also understand (as does he) that it just isn't going to go away.

I think it's best for all parties if he does vacate.
    I just hope he doesn't vacate and leave it to a well meaning Ellis Short type or a one trick pony type who comes and throws all the eggs into one basket.

If people think what we have right now, is bad, then I hope to all hell that the good is the next step, because it'll be absolutely amazing.
    Only a Sheikh or similar could provide this, I feel, in terms of being able to do much more than just have one basket full of eggs.

Where that would eventually take us is anyone's guess...but what are the chances?
    An asian consortium, maybe?

Fingers crossed on the outcome.

He would sell to who ever pays the most, be it Kim Jong-Un or the Pope, he won't care.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)