+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ashley has dropped the asking price for NUFC

Ashley has dropped the asking price for NUFC

from £400m to £380M................. oh thanks Mike ffs.

According to the Times, he has made several potential buyers sign non-disclosure agreements, hopefully we will be
    rid of him soon

Hefty £100+ million personal profit and add to that a further say £20-25 million free advertisement for his jumble sale. Not a bad little earner geezer!

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    from £400m to £380M................. oh thanks Mike ffs.
    You must be rich if 20 million pounds is no big deal. If he'd put the price up by 20 million, you'd be spitting blood.

If I was given a 5% discount before starting price negotiations, I'd be pretty pleased.

The problem is we're not 'worth' anywhere near that because that figure includes our debt to him which stands at about, what £120 million?

I'm almost totally ignorant when it comes to finances (whether it's business finance or my own ) so can anyone who knows about these things explain why a potential buyer would stump up so much more than the actual worth of a business.

The actual price will be £260m+£120m debt,which every club has.If you tried to buy Man u a few years back,you would be inheriting £800m actual debt..
    This years tv prize money will almost wipe our debt out.With the new tv deal coming soon, I still think we are an attractive proposition at that price..If youve got that sort of money lying aroond like..

Because of potential for their name/business in prem?

To show off they can afford it?

Correct. There are so many variables that go in to making up the value of the club, not least the potential that the club has. When you consider that, the 4 million he pays to Rafa each year could turn out to be the best investment Ashley has ever made.
    I never understood why he didn't try to get a good manager, sooner.

Because a good manager is very unlikely to be a yea man is what ive always thought

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Correct. There are so many variables that go in to making up the value of the club, not least the potential that the club has. When you consider that, the 4 million he pays to Rafa each year could turn out to be the best investment Ashley has ever made.
    I never understood why he didn't try to get a good manager, sooner.
    Yes that's a real puzzler when he and more to the point, the fans put up with all of the cheap chatty dross he presented us with as managers.

You would have thought being a successful businessman he would have thought "If I appoint a good classy, if expensive manager now look at what this will do to the value of the club and all of the extra viewers seeing my tat advertising"

It does make you think what really makes him tick.

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    The actual price will be £260m+£120m debt,which every club has.If you tried to buy Man u a few years back,you would be inheriting £800m actual debt..
    This years tv prize money will almost wipe our debt out.With the new tv deal coming soon, I still think we are an attractive proposition at that price..If youve got that sort of money lying aroond like..
    I hope that price includes the immediate removal of ALL OF THE SPORTS DIRECT TAT ADVERTISING.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)