+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell v Aberdeen league

Motherwell v Aberdeen league

After a poor show from our players and management on Thursday let's hope they get their act together and we get to see a bit of positivity from our club.

My starting eleven

Rogers
    Logan
    O'Connor
    Arnason
    Shinnie
    Tansey
    Christie
    Wright
    Stewart
    May
    Rooney

Yeah that Lewis definitely doesn't deserve a chance to make up for Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    After a poor show from our players and management on Thursday let's hope they get their act together and we get to see a bit of positivity from our club.

My starting eleven

Rogers
    Logan
    O'Connor
    Arnason
    Shinnie
    Tansey
    Christie
    Wright
    Stewart
    May
    Rooney
    Lewis should start. With that team, you either have the dreaded back 3, or Shinnie at LB and only Tansey with any strength in midfield. I'm okay with Shinnie at LB, but think we need Ball protecting the back 4 (hopefully better than Thursday). So for me from your team, Lewis in for Rodgers and Ball in for Rooney.

And a far more spirited team than last week.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Lewis should start. With that team, you either have the dreaded back 3, or Shinnie at LB and only Tansey with any strength in midfield. I'm okay with Shinnie at LB, but think we need Ball protecting the back 4 (hopefully better than Thursday). So for me from your team, Lewis in for Rodgers and Ball in for Rooney.

And a far more spirited team than last week.
    A 4-4-2 Shinnie at left back to give us a bit more speed on and off the ball. Tansey and Christie in the centre of midfield as one is used more as the defensive shield and the other to create attacks through the middle.
    Rogers a definite to start as Lewis should be let known that was unacceptable...imagine Rogers had played on Thursday and performed like that! No way would he be have been in the starting eleven this weekend.
    The balance of that team is more or less equal...we are equipped to defend sufficiently and certainly better equipped to attack.

My starting eleven

Rogers
    Logan
    O'Connor
    Arnason
    Shinnie
    Tansey
    Christie
    Wright
    Stewart
    May
    Rooney
    You would drop a keeper who has made 1 mistake in over 60 games?
    That will inspire the team yeah.
    Just as well you dont pick the team.

The hysteria on here is mental after Thursdays shambles. Back to basics on sunday and we will get the win. Lewis won’t play as bad again thats a certainty.

Lewis
    Logan O’Connor Arnie Consi
    Shinnie Tansey
    Wright Christie Stewart
    May.

That team will win and there is even a chance we will be top of the pile after the final whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    The hysteria on here is mental after Thursdays shambles. Back to basics on sunday and we will get the win. Lewis won’t play as bad again thats a certainty.

Lewis
    Logan O’Connor Arnie Consi
    Shinnie Tansey
    Wright Christie Stewart
    May.

That team will win and there is even a chance we will be top of the pile after the final whistle.
    Wouldn't be at all surprised if Reynolds replaced Consi and, unfortunately, can't see McLean being dropped. Think McInnes might go 4-4-1-1 so Tansey, McLean, Shinnie, Wright; Christie; May.

Lewis
    Logan AOC Arnason Shinnie
    Tansey McLean
    Stewart Christie Wright
    May

A few concerns with that X1
    - chronic lack of pace at centre half. Moult will like that
    - Stewart is a lazy get & won't track back but so feckless is GMS I'd give him a go.
    - is Tansey fit to start?

My starting eleven

Rogers
    Logan
    O'Connor
    Arnason
    Shinnie
    Tansey
    Christie
    Wright
    Stewart
    May
    Rooney
    You would really drop Lewis on the back of a bad performance??

I'm all for people having different opinions, but feck me min, Joe has saved us far more than cost us and has banked enough credit which would allow him a few more bad games to come before I would even consider dropping him.

SHinnie and Lewis are the only 2 of our current team we cannot drop. I would say Christie too, but we have to play games without him anyway, so we need to try other folk in his role.

It's not clever psychologically to drop the goalie after one poor game( seeing as he done exceptionally in most matches) unless we drop the whole 11 which would be justified, if we had larger squad.
    make the change after he has had another game or 2.

It's the manager I'd like to change though. Why can't he be dropped ( for assistant) after a few poor games like we do with players , stupid tradition I guess.
    I really can't see anything other than another shambles. We have been ragged in every game this season imo

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast