+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team vs Brighton

Team vs Brighton

Canny easy to pick, tbh.

....................................Elliot........ ....................

Yedlin.................Lascelles..............Clar k............Mbemba

Ritchie.............Hayden...............merino... ...............Atsu

.........................Perez.................

...............................Joselu............. ...

Perez has looked so much better with a 'proper' lone front man ahead of him and Hayden helps keep our shape in midfield (our shape went to pieces when Shelvey came on the other week). Shame about Lejeune's injury but a bench with Gayle, Shelvey and Murphy on it looks pretty strong.

Is Mitro available for the bench?

Lejeune looked good when he first played, but I want Lascelles - Clark to continue for a while. Stability in central defence is what's made us good and solid in my opinion. Plus I really like both players.

Agree with your pick there, Zip. Here's hoping that Atsu will have another good game, as it's usually kind of hot 'n cold with him

Canny easy eh? Rafa is still manager yee knah..
    Sticking my kneck out here,and saying Perez will be benched,Shelvey to replace Merino in midfield and Merino promoted to the number 10 role..

And then I fecking woke up...

I think that team is what it will be Zip, would also be the team i want.

I could see Shelvey starting alongside Hayden as that has been talked about quite a lot recently and they played last 20 against Stoke together but that is only change i can maybe see.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Canny easy to pick, tbh.

....................................Elliot........ ....................

Yedlin.................Lascelles..............Clar k............Mbemba

Ritchie.............Hayden...............merino... ...............Atsu

.........................Perez.................

...............................Joselu............. ...

Perez has looked so much better with a 'proper' lone front man ahead of him and Hayden helps keep our shape in midfield (our shape went to pieces when Shelvey came on the other week). Shame about Lejeune's injury but a bench with Gayle, Shelvey and Murphy on it looks pretty strong.

tbh Zipp, the team is picking itself at the moment, makes Rafa's job easy, Perez was outstanding in the last game, Atsu is making me believe in him, Ritchie is brilliant as ever, our CB's are doing well, Merino and Hayden work well together, Elliot has done great, Joselu was too impatient against his old club and was snatching at chances imo.

Its hard to see who we could take out of this side , the bench looks good by the way, they all must be patient

Wouldn't surprise me if Shelvey started instead of Hayden.

Elliott Yedlin Mbemba Lascelles Clark Atsu Ritchie Shelvey Hayden Perez Gayle, id drop Joselu after his stinker last week

I know what you're saying-and his misses were shocking-but he gives us a much better shape and he does the things Rafa wants from the lone striker much better than Gayle or Mitro do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I know what you're saying-and his misses were shocking-but he gives us a much better shape and he does the things Rafa wants from the lone striker much better than Gayle or Mitro do.
    Problem is we cant afford for him to keep missing so many chances, it will cost us in the end. Mitrovic gets slated for doing just that and is usually lucky to get on the bench, i just think Gayle will be itching to do well if given the striker role tomorrow.

Team unchanged from last week. Glad Joselu is up front-will relieve pressure and also do his confidence the world of good.

(Gayle's confidence, however...?)

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)