+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just watched...

Just watched...

...the old firm game and that Rangers are bang average. We have absolutely nothing to fear at Hampden next month, especially if we put in a performance like Thursday night. COYW

As I said on Thursday night, the side we just scudded 3-0 and knocked out are better than the one we'll be facing in the Semi Finals so we should not and cannot go into this game with any inferiority complex.

I trust Robinson not to fall into the trap that previous Motherwell managers fell into and talk them up as favourites and virtually write off our chances by making it sound as though we should consider ourselves fortunate to be sharing a park with the 'Mighty Glesga Rainjurz'.

That being said it will still be one tough game for us and we will need as good a performance as we saw the other night, lots of character and belief and a fully fit squad firing on all cylinders on the day to progress. The odds are in Rangers' favour still as it'll be like a home game to them and their fans will outnumber ours, but I think if our approach is correct and we don't allow them to start well then their support will quickly turn on them and we can use that to our advantage.

My biggest worry between now and then is that they bin that utter clown of a manager of theirs and bring in someone half competent, but regardless of that, we need to focus 100% on ourselves and our game plan and if we play like we did against Aberdeen then we can and will be in the League Cup Final.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    A

The odds are in Rangers' favour still as it'll be like a home game to them and their fans will outnumber ours, but I think if our approach is correct and we don't allow them to start well then their support will quickly turn on them and we can use that to our advantage.
    Why would it be like a home game. They have only played at Hamdump a few times since their resurrection from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyG View Post
    Why would it be like a home game. They have only played at Hamdump a few times since their resurrection from the dead.
    Because they will have the majority of the crowd at s ground in Glasgow whilst our support will be restricted to the East Stand and part of the main stand. But I suspect you knew that anyway.

I take it you won't be going due to your ongoing 'protest' about supposed corruption in Scottish football?

Rangers are clearly beatable...but for all Celtic could have stuck about seven past them, they didn't and Rangers were in that game for a while, not least missing a glorious chance to go 1-1.

Hampden will offer us the chance to get Moult and Bowman in behind but there's a big difference between playing the high-energy pressing game we did at FP v Aberdeen and doing the same thing on that pitch. We will rightly be second favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    Because they will have the majority of the crowd at s ground in Glasgow whilst our support will be restricted to the East Stand and part of the main stand. But I suspect you knew that anyway.

I take it you won't be going due to your ongoing 'protest' about supposed corruption in Scottish football?
    There's no supposed about it.

Aye okay, whatever you say. You enjoy your 'boycott' while I and the rest of the Motherwell support enjoy cheering our team on at Hampden in what is our first Semi Final in over six years.

Here to agree with LSM on this. Whether there is corruption in Scottish football or not Motherwell are in a semi-final and our team fully deserve every supporters support. Why would u want to miss the chance of seeing our team at Hampden if u could make it. I take it woodyg if we make the final u still wouldn’t go then

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)