+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Villa vs Forest

Quote Originally Posted by stateside View Post
    A win is a win. 36% possession is not impressive

i'm not saying a win isn't welcome just that bruce is worrying in his lack of nous

How about Jedinak?

Quote Originally Posted by yubbywelch View Post
    How about Jedinak?
    Injured again Yub. Jedinak with his leg amputated is still better than Whelan imo.

Amazing amount of negative views after our 2nd wins on the bounce. Views created by ego and not fact,

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Amazing amount of negative views after our 2nd wins on the bounce. Views created by ego and not fact,
    Being our prominent luminary on Villa & astute student on Mr Bruce's (bewildering) strategies

Care to explain w/t/f were the positives ?

Did your myopia prevent you from seeing Forrest played us off the park for the whole of the second half ??

Once again we just scraped home -contrary to your feelings back in La-la land, the relief around Villa Park was palpable as the referee blew his whistle for full time

Apart from Jimmy Danger’s performance & as mentioned earlier “a win is a win”

The only real positive
    NO cheffing Gabby !

I do not believe that Forest ‘played us off the park’. Stats can be misleading, and can support any agenda. The possession stats show them with 64%, most of which we conceded to them as they were in their own half, stroking the ball across the back four. Do teams get extra points at the end of the season for possession stats? Can teams win matches stroking the ball across their back 4?
    They had two 10 min productive spells at the beginning of each half and scored once. We had 3 or 4 spells and scored twice, with a rusty returning CF alongside a 19 year old novice CF.
    Our keeper did what he gets paid to do and saved a free kick, theirs didn’t.
    The main ‘stat’ and the only one that counts in football reads that we scored more and WON!!
    So on to positives?
    3 more pts
    Another 80mins under Kodjia’s belt
    Hourihane finally finding his feet
    Settled starting X1
    Momentum
    Overall positivity around the club, training ground and 1st team (and some fans) growing
    I really looked forward to a Villa match for the first time in YEARS!!!!
    I was still confident of winning after they equalised
    I’m happy that we won
    I celebrated the goals and the final whistle (instead of the horrible ‘PHEW’)
    I can see improvement, not the finished article but improvement.
    There’s too much searching for negativity going on, we’ve had reason to sulk and criticise for the last ten years. We achieved the object of a football match, we scored more than the opposition, we won!
    FCK the statman, ONWARDS & UPWARDS

Yes Exiled its a much needed improvement

Spot on Exciled.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    My views are not based on ego but purely on fact! bruce took off davis, the only focal point for the long punts forward and put on the spurs kid... then we started punting it forward again which meant forest just kept regaining the ball. i could see whelan and snodgrass were shot by 60 mins... that is not ego just observation, bruce is paid to notice such things... this is what worries me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)