+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Villa vs Forest

I was referring to freer regarding the ego. His criticism of Bruse this week was OTT and rediculous.

I think Bruce has handled the media and the fans very well, hes done well to shut me up! we have the top 2 in our sights and hoepefully we can reach top 6 by this time next week. We done Mr Bruce!

Bongo, It might help if you could differentiate gumption from ego

Anything positive to say whilest your there. Anyone would think we lost.

We were incredibly fortunate to win this game, that deflection off SJ's heel goes in and we're well & truly on the backfoot - Murphy allowed an unchallenged header when he's the only player in our box with 5 Villa shirts around him. Some really bad decision making from Whelan with his passing that put us under pressure, their number 6 ran the show 2nd half and no-one tracked his runs.

Feels a bit like when Bruce took over, we scraped a run of results largely due to good fortune and the opposition know his approach, making us easy to play against.

Positives - JT's cool head, Snodgrass' working his socks off, Adomah looking very confident, SJ assured in goal.

Conor Hourihane becomes the first #avfc central midfielder since James Milner 09/10 to score 5 or more in a season. Only 9 league games in���� .

Just spotted this on twitter. How ridiculous is that and how bad have we been?

Incredible stat Picasso.

I have been angry for years at the lack of goals from midfield. When you see Hogg, Bannon, Davis and Johnston all allowed to leave and have decent careers and the managers that let them go think Reo-Coker, Erik Bakke, Leonhardson (was that his name?)and Bacuna are better players.
    Last edited by stateside; 24-09-2017 at 10:36 PM.

Thankyou Exciled, i too felt positive, as you said we're not the finished article but with a seemingly settled line up at last i can see them gelling more as time goes on and delivering us what we all crave - success and indeed plenty of it!!?
    Admittedly there may be a sprinkling of blind optimism on my behalf but hell why not surely as a villa supporter i've earnt that at least!?

Excellent post Exiled!

All the teams that get promoted and indeed make the CL have goal scoring mids. Not a surprising stat of ours but the numbers hit you in the face.

Stoked with the win. Well done Lads.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)