+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oldham Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Rodak, don't want him get O'Donnell back.
    Vaulks, best right back at the club but get Cummings back.
    Ihiekwe, don't want him, I've seen in his eyes he's going to make mistakes.
    Wood, get Ajayi back, don't like him though.
    Purrington, not sure, get Mattock back.
    Taylor, can't play on the left and his little legs take 1.1/2 steps to everyone else's 1.
    Frecks, get him out so Vaulks can play there.
    Potter, don't want him. Barker's mate, too old, getting a last pay day.
    Williams, don't want him. Luxury player, can't play on the right. Get Bailey-King in.
    Towell, we're just getting him fit for Brighton. Send him back.
    Moore, don't want him. McCarthy shouldn't be picking our team. Jonno should have the shirt.
    Forde, don't want him. He's no better than when we signed him.
    I go on what I see and I'm right more than I'm wrong.

Sorry, couldn't resist it 😀

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Rodak, don't want him get O'Donnell back.
    Vaulks, best right back at the club but get Cummings back.
    Ihiekwe, don't want him, I've seen in his eyes he's going to make mistakes.
    Wood, get Ajayi back, don't like him though.
    Purrington, not sure, get Mattock back.
    Taylor, can't play on the left and his little legs take 1.1/2 steps to everyone else's 1.
    Frecks, get him out so Vaulks can play there.
    Potter, don't want him. Barker's mate, too old, getting a last pay day.
    Williams, don't want him. Luxury player, can't play on the right. Get Bailey-King in.
    Towell, we're just getting him fit for Brighton. Send him back.
    Moore, don't want him. McCarthy shouldn't be picking our team. Jonno should have the shirt.
    Forde, don't want him. He's no better than when we signed him.
    I go on what I see and I'm right more than I'm wrong.

Sorry, couldn't resist it ��
    I make instant decisions on players. Not always right. Will change my mind on performances from individual players. From todays game: Side for the Blackburn game. O'Donnell; Cummings Ajayi Ihiewke Mattock; Williams Vaulks Frecks Potter Newell; Moore

Win 5-1 got to be happy with that surely?

Nope people got to find the negatives were top of the league for whinging fans.
    Understand it if we lose but leading scorers good team spirit not enough for some?

We've no Devine right to steamroll teams it's called earning a result which is what we did.
    Williams played well today Moore does what he does best and I thought potter was MOM.

Roll on Tuesday and hopefully a win followed by more moaning.

UTM.

Thought we were lethargic most of the game,and at 1-1 could have gone either way.Wood was poor,Towell ineffective,and the keeper punched when he could have caught.
    Mick IK was composed and solid,ditto Potter.Not the best performance but winning 5-1 surely a good sign.Ref was toss as usual.

Don't agree with the it could have gone either way comments
    We should have been 5-1 up by 60 mins
    If they had of scored we'd have still won 5-2.
    They couldn't live with us and the substitutions were a masterstroke. Well done PW

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    gwru if it ain't broke don't fix it,start at Rovers with same eleven,some of your points are valid and worth considering,but don't change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    I make instant decisions on players. Not always right. Will change my mind on performances from individual players. From todays game: Side for the Blackburn game. O'Donnell; Cummings Ajayi Ihiewke Mattock; Williams Vaulks Frecks Potter Newell; Moore
    Have to agree Dave, barring injuries same side as today. Can't wait for Blackburn Tuesday night.

gwru, never make instant decisions on players.
    Ben Purrington came to our club for the 3yr contract & a chance to play a few games in the Championship. He needs to play to get the experience, he's a player in the making.
    Jon Taylor & Anthony Forde were both decent players at League 1 level.
    Give all the squad a chance, plenty still to do & plenty more to come.

AMEN.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    So we win 5-1 and you would make at least 5 changes ? What about Yates he scored today and you wanted him to play in the Championship last year and you hadn't even seen him play . Oh that's right you thought a few weeks back that we should release him.
    I can't get my breath

Newell was a masterstroke. Yates would sooner get JCH match fit in case anything happens to Moore. Forde he's one of Warney's boys. Did a good tackle & scored but don't know what he adds to the side.

Rotherham on paper looked odds on a home win, 1-0 up, then let the dangerous Craig Davies even things up, ( Davies had scored 4 in last 4 games before today, so carried on his scoring form ), the Millers were erratic with Taylor not getting the game by the scruff of its neck along with Frecklington & punishing Oldham, our defence were getting a bit raggard with Davies giving them problems, some self induced.
    Kieffer Moore took the game beyond Oldham with 2 goals, Newell came on changed the game, ( A player I said we had to build around this season in division one, in previous postings ).
    Again with Moore getting on the score sheet it shows the difference he has made to the Millers, but a big but is that we will proberly loose him in January, either back to Ipswich or another championship side offering big money for him.
    But we have seen a decent player at the NYS today being Craig Davies, with Oldham not looking that they will not offer a lot this season, heres hoping Warney & Co have seen that he could be a asset to the Millers.

Yes - Craig Davies looked good, but Oldham didn't really have anybody else of that standard, and he was left isolated for a lot of the time. He still managed to score and gave our defenders some problems after that.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast