+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oldham Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Now now Mike you know we were absolutely garbage and we were lucky to still be in the game.
    In fact I don’t know how we won 5-1 Warne is rubbish the players are rubbish it’s so much worse than last year.
    UTM

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Whilst Newell and Forde made a huge impact i still don't think they should start.
    Who would we drop? Williams - not on that performance. Taylor - he was being marked by 3 Oldham players at times in the first half and they still couldn't shackle him. Yes the crossing was poor but get one right and he's taken 3 players out of the game.

I thought Oldham's set up for our throw ins was really poor and they didn't learn all game. Just one player near the ball and we do a short throw in which goes straight back to our thrower and he's in acres of space and we're on the attack. This happened time after time and the hapless Sheridan didn't spot it
    I agree with the comments about Newell and Forde. I think the reason that Warne isn't starting Newell is that he doesn't seem able to last more than 70 minutes.
    He's a hugely influential player though and almost always has a significant impact coming off the bench in the last third of the game.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    My recollection of the first half (HT score 1-1) - it was true that Oldham had missed one absolute sitter, but we had missed four or five easy chances
    1st half can remember a well worked move on the Right, somebody dummied & Frecks shot over. Apart from that & the goal can't remember another clear chance. Oldham had the better chance to make it 2-1 to them when there player clean through but put it wide. Then Wood clumsy, lost the ball followed by a mistimed tackle. If it had been us I would have wanted a penalty.

I enjoyed the game yesterday but want to give us the best chance when we are away from home. Thought yesterday you could see why we don't get much away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Anyone who went yesterday do agree we should have been 3-1 down in the 1st half.
    How do you reckon 3 gwru ? Yes we could have been 1-2 down, but we wouldn't have deserved that, we didn't deserve 1-1 even with some errors and misplaced passes in our play, we could have easily been out of sight at ht

Someone help me out here with first half chances, yes the frecks miss, but also the purrington drive that lead to the corner and goal. Also wood blazed over , at least 2 went flashing across the area just heading a touch and more I'm sure. Ok they may not have been as clear cut as Oldhams but we were really on top despite not quite being at our best
    Last edited by daveeed; 24-09-2017 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Spelling

Yes I said the same Daveeeed. Nice to see the goals going in. Need to tighten up at the back. Work with the philosophy of score more than concede. UTM!!

Quote Originally Posted by daveeed View Post
    Someone help me out here with first half chances, yes the frecks miss, but also the purrington drive that lead to the corner and goal. Also wood blazed over , at least 2 went flashing across the area just heading a touch and more I'm sure. Ok they may not have been as clear cut as Oldhams but we were really on top despite not quite being at our best
    We created several chances in the first half and probably the best one was a superb angled cross from Taylor which Moore only needed to touch to score. Unfortunately he slightly mistimed his move forward, missed it and the ball bounced harmlessly through to the keeper who was standing by the far post.
    We sit in the East Stand, were right behind that cross and Moore will wonder how he missed it. He really should have taken the match ball home.
    Still, it all worked out in the end and surely nobody can grumble about another 5 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Rodak, don't want him get O'Donnell back.
    Vaulks, best right back at the club but get Cummings back.
    Ihiekwe, don't want him, I've seen in his eyes he's going to make mistakes.
    Wood, get Ajayi back, don't like him though.
    Purrington, not sure, get Mattock back.
    Taylor, can't play on the left and his little legs take 1.1/2 steps to everyone else's 1.
    Frecks, get him out so Vaulks can play there.
    Potter, don't want him. Barker's mate, too old, getting a last pay day.
    Williams, don't want him. Luxury player, can't play on the right. Get Bailey-King in.
    Towell, we're just getting him fit for Brighton. Send him back.
    Moore, don't want him. McCarthy shouldn't be picking our team. Jonno should have the shirt.
    Forde, don't want him. He's no better than when we signed him.
    I go on what I see and I'm right more than I'm wrong.

Sorry, couldn't resist it 😀
    classic!

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Newell was a masterstroke. Yates would sooner get JCH match fit in case anything happens to Moore. Forde he's one of Warney's boys. Did a good tackle & scored but don't know what he adds to the side.
    priceless you are fella haha

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    priceless you are fella haha
    Are you telling me if anything happens to Moore, we stick Yates on. Are you havin a laugh.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast