+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top of the league

Great position to be in
    Lincoln will state the red card as the turning point upto which I thought they were the better team.
    Two great goals however.
    Next two games a huge test of our playoff/promotion credentials

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Love everyone's high spirits but please remember this is Notts County - anything can happen and probably will.
    Well if anyone can find a shred of negativity in this clubs remarkable turn around under competent ownership and a quality manager it has to be you. Personally I think it's great what's happening. Feet on the ground yes. Proud of what is being achieved and where we are now ( and having seen Oldham's result today very glad he isnt the manager anymore) absolutely! We don't have a particularly talented team but we have one hell of a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Love everyone's high spirits but please remember this is Notts County - anything can happen and probably will.

Guardian readers not allowed to post their doom and gloom on here. Leave it to Steptoes conference next week.

It's great.

And like another poster put, it really hasn't been a fluke.

I remember us flying high under Derry (3rd I think) after winning 5 in a row early doors and at the time thinking we were lucky in nearly every single game.

Whilst we may not be at the top come may, I simply cannot see us hitting the sort of run which would drop us well out of contention.

We will have days like Coventry away, but I still see us being in contention for a playoff place come may. But I guess the next two games will really show our mettle.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    It's great.

And like another poster put, it really hasn't been a fluke.

I remember us flying high under Derry (3rd I think) after winning 5 in a row early doors and at the time thinking we were lucky in nearly every single game.

Whilst we may not be at the top come may, I simply cannot see us hitting the sort of run which would drop us well out of contention.

We will have days like Coventry away, but I still see us being in contention for a playoff place come may. But I guess the next two games will really show our mettle.
    Agree with this.. I was worried when I see Jones picked up an injury yesterday but we have decent back up in the back line for the first time in ages... really looking forward to Tuesday night now, I tried to book flight for it but its almost 200 quid return!!! Total respect for anyone that makes it there

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Well if anyone can find a shred of negativity in this clubs remarkable turn around under competent ownership and a quality manager it has to be you. Personally I think it's great what's happening. Feet on the ground yes. Proud of what is being achieved and where we are now ( and having seen Oldham's result today very glad he isnt the manager anymore) absolutely! We don't have a particularly talented team but we have one hell of a unit.
    Come on, Queenie, you know as well as I do. We can live with the despair. It's the hope that kills.

The hope is alive!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    In the Munto season we were top after games 1, 2 and 4 but didn't return to the summit again until mid-April.

Allardyce's side were top after games 2, 9 and then in the first week of November. After climbing back to the top in mid-December they stayed in 1st place for the rest of the season.

We have a better record than both of those seasons after 9 played.

I make this season our best start since 1970/71, that team won 7 and drew 2 of their first 9 but they did falter in the next 3 games, so a draw at Exteter would see us equal 1970/71 after 10 games, a win on Tuesday would see us overtake Sirrel's side and equal the Lawton/Sewell start of 1949/50.
    It's official then we have now had the best start to a season in 68 years!!!! In other words the best start to a season in living memory. There can't be many on here who remember the Lawton/Sewell start of 1949/50. If there are please tell us about it.

It's stats like this that make me proud and thanks to AH, KN and all the staff at the club for making our club one to be proud of again.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    It's official then we have now had the best start to a season in 68 years!!!! In other words the best start to a season in living memory. There can't be many on here who remember the Lawton/Sewell start of 1949/50. If there are please tell us about it.

It's stats like this that make me proud and thanks to AH, KN and all the staff at the club for making our club one to be proud of again.
    Wow......let's start publishing it.....be proud of it....COYP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123