+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Performance Of The Season.....

Quote Originally Posted by Giant_Jouster View Post
    Massive 3 points, but we're so jittery and lacking in confidence, it is scary. Like BA I did not feel entertained, but I'll grab those points with both hands. So Ray, how are you going to set us up against a team firing on all cylinders and scoring for fun???
    4231? im like mystic meg really

Credit where it's due United were decent today, players looked interested, Ray looked more vocal & active on the touchline. Keep it up, big big test next week, not so much were playing an inform pars but were sh*te away from home.
    Only blotch for me today was Robson, He was murder. Bad game hopefully put it behind him and move on.

I dont think anyone is claiming that today was a special performance, but you cant disagree with the title of the post.

At times I though we played a very good, direct, flowing game and although Ill need to see it again - our first goal looked a cracker from where I was (etl).

Dont get me wrong, we lacked urgency at times and our breaks were sloth like at times.

Although there is a player in there, Robson just isnt ready yet I dont think. The opposition know this and thats why everything gets punted down the right wing against us.

I was questioning the subs at first as J thought Macdonald could have done with coming off but like Brechin tbe other week, he has that ability to be in the right place at the right time.

Dare I also add that Toshney was looking alright till his injury (anyone know what happened?) Edge was shakey at times.

Durnan MOTM for me.

Need to sharpen up for next week, be smarter on our breaks. Im slightly more optimistic after today.

I'm sure Robson will improve, but today had me begging to have Dixon back in the team!.

First goal looked superb!

McDonald was excellent imo, worked like a Trojan and set the tone with the intensity of closing down which was reflected throughout the team.

Performance was much better than we have seen so far, promising for the future hopefully.

What was really good was the number of really decent efforts today. 5 or so in the first half and similar in the second. On another day it would have been a more handsome win, maybe even 6-0!!!!

Yip but it was not hard to be.going what has Been on show before .but I'm easily pleased .hopefully corner turned.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Again, were you watching a different game from me??
    I appreciate the win and 3pts, BUT we're still too negative, and bringing teams onto us, all because of Ray's negative approach. We're "living on the edge" most games, and cannot sustain that! It's not being negative or grumpy, it's being realistic!!
    I actually didnt feel on edge at any point in the game, which is quite an achievement in itself! For their goal, a bad decision from the ref in each half against us eventually cost us. Needed to be organized at that point instead of angry about the decision!

Can see ballumbies point , thought we were poor for good parts o the game today , on the plus side actually looked like scoring with two up front hopefully that finely puts that horrible 4-2-3-1
    To bed for good

We were the better team simple as that. Duffy had his team set up to frustrate us much the same as every other team that comes to Tannadice but we never looked like losing that game today which was pleasing. Both full back positions are a concern for me though and we still lack that target man up front.

10 observations from y'day -

- our first goal was a candidate for move of the season
    - the attendance of 5.5k plus was good, I feared a sub 5k
    - the singing kids of Africa are good at miming
    - Morton consist of 11 C'ship journeymen, no kids, no veterans (Harkins a sub), just solid 2nd tier pros
    - Robson's misdirected header led to Morton's free kick that led to their goal
    - We lost the toss, Morton won the toss & got us playing towards ET 1st half as all the opposition do
    - McDonald & Fyvie had their best games for us
    - McMullan & King acted like wingers
    - Matty Smith fit again & back on the bench which is good to see
    - N'Koyi's introduction always seems to have an impact of some kind

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)