+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Player Ratings v Lincoln

Player Ratings v Lincoln

Wow, where to start?

Lincoln were the better side for 25 minutes, 2 glorious chances and a free header from a corner. The Yates incident that turned the game had been coming, a couple of ugly challenges on Yates earlier, he then ducks his head for the ball and the Lincoln player took a kick at his extremely tough skull, red card, simples.....then the match changed, Stead was undecided whether to fall over (yet again) for a penno claim. Instead he decided to remember he was a striker, not a dancing-on-ice comedy act and half-hit the ball as he was falling, into the onion-bag.

Lincoln's equaliser was the best thing to happen for the game. Notts took control and thoroughly dominated from then on.
    Sublime free kick from Grant, a low rocket shot from Toots and Hawk got his own back on the Lincoln boo-boys by drifting infield, past 2 defenders and nailed a low shot into the corner....Glorious stuff. ..........................the Cosmic Rays were aligned, as predicted

Collin - 7.5. Dominated the area despite a bright Lincoln start

Toots - 8. Superb defending, cracking goal. Low and hard through a packed area

Duffy - 7.5 Not a good first 25 minutes as Lincoln looked the better team. Second half was a stroll in the park as we knocked it around at the back

Brisley - 7.5 See Duffy.

Jones - 8 Excellent game again. Great bombing forward. Subbed due to injury. Twisted ankle possibly?

Grant - 8. Quiet first half apart from one mazey run across the box and a weak shot. Sublime banana free kick into the top corner. After that it was time for a few party tricks.

Yates - 8 This guy is on my side in a bar-fight. Hard as nails. Never shirks a tackle. Great link-up play with both attack and defence.

Milsom - 7.5 I thought he had a solid game. Not sure why he was subbed but KN game him a huge man-hug

Hawk - 8 Wow...and Wow. All over the place. Some superb runs. Great tackling back. My MOM. Silenced the Lincoln boo-boys with a terrific solo goal

Stead - 7 See my comments above. I'm tired of watching him falling over. So are the refs I suspect because he rarely gets anything from them. He got a 7 for scoring from open play....at last

Forte - 8. Great pace down the channels. Deserved to score before being turned into a ham sandwich by Lincoln defenders near the end. Superb party tricks once the game was won.

Subs
    Dicko - 7.5 Solid in replacing Jones
    Hewitt - 7.5 Not a lot of time to impress
    Smith - 7 Got his match appearance money

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Wow, where to start?

Lincoln were the better side for 25 minutes, 2 glorious chances and a free header from a corner. The Yates incident that turned the game had been coming, a couple of ugly challenges on Yates earlier, he then ducks his head for the ball and the Lincoln player took a kick at his extremely tough skull, red card, simples.....then the match changed, Stead was undecided whether to fall over (yet again) for a penno claim. Instead he decided to remember he was a striker, not a dancing-on-ice comedy act and half-hit the ball as he was falling, into the onion-bag.

Lincoln's equaliser was the best thing to happen for the game. Notts took control and thoroughly dominated from then on.
    Sublime free kick from Grant, a low rocket shot from Toots and Hawk got his own back on the Lincoln boo-boys by drifting infield, past 2 defenders and nailed a low shot into the corner....Glorious stuff. ..........................the Cosmic Rays were aligned, as predicted

Collin - 7.5. Dominated the area despite a bright Lincoln start

Toots - 8. Superb defending, cracking goal. Low and hard through a packed area

Duffy - 7.5 Not a good first 25 minutes as Lincoln looked the better team. Second half was a stroll in the park as we knocked it around at the back

Brisley - 7.5 See Duffy.

Jones - 8 Excellent game again. Great bombing forward. Subbed due to injury. Twisted ankle possibly?

Grant - 8. Quiet first half apart from one mazey run across the box and a weak shot. Sublime banana free kick into the top corner. After that it was time for a few party tricks.

Yates - 8 This guy is on my side in a bar-fight. Hard as nails. Never shirks a tackle. Great link-up play with both attack and defence.

Milsom - 7.5 I thought he had a solid game. Not sure why he was subbed but KN game him a huge man-hug

Hawk - 8 Wow...and Wow. All over the place. Some superb runs. Great tackling back. My MOM. Silenced the Lincoln boo-boys with a terrific solo goal

Stead - 7 See my comments above. I'm tired of watching him falling over. So are the refs I suspect because he rarely gets anything from them. He got a 7 for scoring from open play....at last

Forte - 8. Great pace down the channels. Deserved to score before being turned into a ham sandwich by Lincoln defenders near the end. Superb party tricks once the game was won.

Subs
    Dicko - 7.5 Solid in replacing Jones
    Hewitt - 7.5 Not a lot of time to impress
    Smith - 7 Got his match appearance money
    Obviously you were not here as your score for Stead provides, unbelievable... I wish a few more had his vision for passes.... so who did all the donkey work and provided the pin point pass for Tootles goal??

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Obviously you were not here as your score for Stead provides, unbelievable... I wish a few more had his vision for passes.... so who did all the donkey work and provided the pin point pass for Tootles goal??
    I watched the game live...I'm pretty sure that you will find my scores and comments spot on......but I await your in-depth ratings with anticipation.....if you can be bothered?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I'm pretty sure that you will find my scores and comments spot on
    Oh yes, you're well known for astute observation and analysis. Was there torrential rain today? Were Notts dreadful again?

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    Oh yes, you're well known for astute observation and analysis. Was there torrential rain today? Were Notts dreadful again?
    No rain today that I saw Sol.....there was a little moisture showing on the screen after the Grant free kick.......my frothy beer escaped it's pint pot in excitement

Much improved game today....obviously KN has taken heed of my "dreadful" comments.....good lad

Lucky 4-1 ( but I will take it) , Lincoln were the better side until the sending off which in my opinion was harsh to say the least , Yates stooped for the ball but the bloke never saw him ! MOM for me Tootle , Stead had a good game as well but I disagree with you on Hawkridge Tarkers , I thought he was at fault for their goal and only seem to come alive in the 2nd half . Good goal though but Grant's the pick of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I'm not a big Stead fan but he did well today. Excellent work to set up Tootle and a well taken goal of his own. His link up play was also better. It helps we weren't lumping the ball up to him though.

Collin - 6.5 - Solid, claimed crosses

Tootle - 7.5 - Solid throughout and a great goal

Duffy - 6.5 Steady and assured

Brisley - 7 As above but edged it IMO

Jones - 6.5 - Decent enough

Grant - 7 - Quiet game for him but excellent free kick

Yates - 7 - Another solid display, excellent signing

Milsom - 7 - Used the ball well, solid positionally

Hawkridge - 7.5 - Great goal and great workrate

Stead - 7.5 - Looked more like the old Stead. Great link up play, grew into the game.

Forte - 6.5 - Struggled to get into the game, should have had a penalty

Subs
    Dicko - 6.5 - Average
    Hewitt - 6.5 - Steady
    Smith - n/a

Jon Stead played very well overall and influenced the game significantly, but I do agree that he spends too much time playing for easy fouls. It becomes repetitive and irritating, especially in League Two where you've got no business being there if you don't fancy a battle. He's a big, tall lad and should spend more time giving centre-halves as good as he gets instead of crumpling or falling down and appealing to the referee. It detracts from the positive aspects of his game.
    Last edited by jackal2; 23-09-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast