+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time out

Time out

Can someone confirm please.... if a player (goalie in this case) is ordered from the touchline, to go down and feign injury in order for the manager(s) to indicate "time out" to the rest of the squad and gather them together to discuss tactics... is this within the rules of the game?

I thought that, must be a pattern in other matches though?

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I thought that, must be a pattern in other matches though?
    I would be interested to know how often over the course of a season the Lincoln GK has the physio on. Takes gamesmanship to another level.

If this is a regular occurrence I hope that they concede a goal at some point with their keeper sitting down.

I was just gobsmacked that they did it, with clear hand signals in front of the 4th official.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    I was just gobsmacked that they did it, with clear hand signals in front of the 4th official.
    Turns out that it is a regular tactic they adopt. Poor form.

http://www.lincoln.*************.co....=51000&posts=4

Ha turns out Mad *** out ***** football (all one word)
    Last edited by Mapperleypie; 23-09-2017 at 06:32 PM. Reason: asterix

Quite clever in a devious way, because I can't see many referees allowing the game to carry on while a goalkeeper is down. It forces them into a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    This is a tactic perfected by NCM favourite Graham Westley, when he was manager of Stevenage: it breaks up the opposition team's momentum and concentration. Some referees rumbled him eventualy but he used it frequently for at least 2 seasons.

Got to say I was surprised at how dirty / physical Lincoln were. Last year they seemed to be playing football but I guess it was at a lower level.. On the plus side they brought a decent following which made for a good atmosphere.

Time Out.best LP Dave Brubeck ever made, ask Sidders...

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Time Out.best LP Dave Brubeck ever made, ask Sidders...
    WOT he says. ^^^^^^^^