+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hecky...

And from what I saw when I was part of the Bbs live match chatroom, thats exactly how it sounded Esr (I also briefly posted on the Wolves mad matchday thread). Yes it does seem like we outplayed them today and theres no way they deserved to win it like that, and we made them look like strugglers rather than a promotion chasing team.
    But at the same time, we apparently offered little or nothing up front and although it sounds daft to say/post this, I genuinely would have accepted a thrashing today had we at least set out with a more attack minded formation.

Rocket science it most certainly is NOT, surely theres a compromise here for Hecky to play more to our strengths instead of being scared of the opposition. We deserve to be here in the Champship, lets act like it eh instead of weakly giving up the ghost to allegedly bigger and better teams.

Never a truer word spoken acido

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I genuinely would have accepted a thrashing today had we at least set out with a more attack minded formation.

I wouldn't

How many points do you get for losing 1-0 East Stand?
    How many points do they dish out for losing 4-0 East Stand?

Answer to both: as long as you've applied your sen's I'm happy to be in the bunch of cnuts!!!

That's what the opposition see.

We were in the game with seconds to go . If we'd lost 4 nowt most would have left with 20 mins to go . It was a decent game , we played ok

That argument can and does go both ways though Esr!.
    We might have still been in with a chance with seconds left, but yet again we'd clearly set our stall out for a plain old 0-0 to begin with. Thats simply not good enough at this level for me to be honest.

We shop around for league one and two players, what do we expect, think Hecky and his staff do an amazing job! Financially it's where we are at the moment, we just need to keep supporting the lads.

If we had the financial clout of most of the teams in this division and struggled we could perhaps complain. We want to see us play at this level but we have to be realistic! Chuck a team together with proven players, you would struggle but to do it with younger lower league players it's a massive task.

Hecky and all your staff I salute you for the amazing effort you put in for attempting to keep us playing at this level!

Quote Originally Posted by Swazer16 View Post
    We shop around for league one and two players, what do we expect, think Hecky and his staff do an amazing job! Financially it's where we are at the moment, we just need to keep supporting the lads.

If we had the financial clout of most of the teams in this division and struggled we could perhaps complain. We want to see us play at this level but we have to be realistic! Chuck a team together with proven players, you would struggle but to do it with younger lower league players it's a massive task.

Hecky and all your staff I salute you for the amazing effort you put in for attempting to keep us playing at this level!
    Absolutely spot on post is that ^^

Apply themselves then

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    That argument can and does go both ways though Esr!.
    We might have still been in with a chance with seconds left, but yet again we'd clearly set our stall out for a plain old 0-0 to begin with. Thats simply not good enough at this level for me to be honest.
    We were playing away against the top of the league. Can understand us not going gung ho .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast