+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hecky...

Quote Originally Posted by Swazer16 View Post
    We shop around for league one and two players, what do we expect, think Hecky and his staff do an amazing job! Financially it's where we are at the moment, we just need to keep supporting the lads.

If we had the financial clout of most of the teams in this division and struggled we could perhaps complain. We want to see us play at this level but we have to be realistic! Chuck a team together with proven players, you would struggle but to do it with younger lower league players it's a massive task.

Hecky and all your staff I salute you for the amazing effort you put in for attempting to keep us playing at this level!
    Agree Swazer. Hecky makes mistakes like us all but I think he probably set up right today . I'd have gone Ugbo though over Bradshaw but I know most don't agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    We were playing away against the top of the league. Can understand us not going gung ho .

If we're going to play 1 up front [5 in midfield] there are times when you can miss midfield out

We out played Villa at home but were caught by two long balls
    We almost scored v Spurs from the long ball twice
    I am not an advocate of the long ball but there's a time & place for it

We were playing away against the top of the league. Can understand us not going gung ho .
    To begin with Esr, yes common sense would suggest that of course. But when we played as well as we did doesnt it then make you think we really could have taken it to them and beat them, with just a bit of ambition.
    And that argument of it being because we played a top of the league side totally goes out of the window, especially when he goes 1 up front at home to Derby in the cup and a struggling Aston Villa in the Lg.

Ok serious question time here.... Do we all agree with the idea of going in defensively when its away to a top team, and do we agree with being more attack minded especially when its at home to a struggling team who are below us in the table (which Hecky certainly hasnt been doing) ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    If we're going to play 1 up front [5 in midfield] there are times when you can miss midfield out

We out played Villa at home but were caught by two long balls
    We almost scored v Spurs from the long ball twice
    I am not an advocate of the long ball but there's a time & place for it
    I think when Bradshaw is playing he needs the ball to his feet. Agree though Exile, lump it up if that's the only way we can break them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    To begin with Esr, yes common sense would suggest that of course. But when we played as well as we did doesnt it then make you think we really could have taken it to them and beat them, with just a bit of ambition.
    And that argument of it being because we played a top of the league side totally goes out of the window, especially when he goes 1 up front at home to Derby in the cup and a struggling Aston Villa in the Lg.

Ok serious question time here.... Do we all agree with the idea of going in defensively when its away to a top team, and do we agree with being more attack minded especially when its at home to a struggling team who are below us in the table (which Hecky certainly hasnt been doing) ?.

Not disagreeing but why do we think Hecky should be ambitious but the Club can be forgiven for showing a distinct lack of ambition in January
    Doesn' make sense does it?

Get Crouchy on.

First Jan signing using Mister Lee's millions.

Lump it up to Crouchy and get Defoe in to feed off him (Second signing using Mister Lee's millions)

Both would pass Mr Bean's Incredible Stats Machine test.

I think when Bradshaw is playing he needs the ball to his feet. Agree though Exile, lump it up if that's the only way we can break them down.
    I was thinking more like the ball put through to Ugbo at Spurs & the one to Armstrong at Preston for example

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123