+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr undroppable, Mr unsubbable

I'm sure I read or heard somewhere that Leeds are also sniffing around McLean.

Likewise I think he's a very underrated player by a lot of our support but I'd also take £500k right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post

Likewise I think he's a very underrated player by a lot of our support but I'd also take £500k right now.
    I would also take the money. Makes business sense and can be reinvested into a replacement.

I agree with all of that.

I think he is given a hard time by some.

He never hides, and along with Shinnie, he works harder than anyone else in the team and has a "good engine" as the cliché goes.

That all said, if we can get anything like £500k, we should definitely take it.
    Good business sense.

However, I'll caveat that with 2 things.
    - We MUST replace him in January even if we have to spend some/most/all of the money
    - I think it's bollox

You saying that the Glasgow press are trying their hardest once again to unsettle the team ahead of another Sevco game???

Surely not!!!!!

Glad I'm not the only one who rates McLean highly. Possibly the best all round football player at the club.

However, he's leaving in June - we all know that so sell him now and take whatever's going. Have Christie playing in McLean's central attacking position and we've got McGinn coming in to play out wide.

I'm more worried about how we'll replace Christie...

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who rates McLean highly. Possibly the best all round football player at the club.

However, he's leaving in June - we all know that so sell him now and take whatever's going. Have Christie playing in McLean's central attacking position and we've got McGinn coming in to play out wide.

Greg Stewart . Then we still need a midfield " battler " !!

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post

I would agree with that, I have been critical of the fact he seems to have been undroppable as the title says but thats down to the manager more than him.

He has been a good player for us but 500k is too much to turn down considering he is leaving in the summer, it might be a good thing as Christie will be able to play in that central attacking position instead of shoe horning him out in the wing so McLean can play there.

You saying that the Glasgow press are trying their hardest once again to unsettle the team ahead of another Sevco game???

Surely not!!!!!
    If that's the case then we need to toughen up. Can't use this as an excuse.

That said, are they making it up? They didn't make the McInnes thing up.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I agree with all of that.

I think he is given a hard time by some.
    Any Dons player that goes to Sevco matches deserve all the fvcking stick they get.

I hope there's an Orange Hall and a Sevco Supporters Club in Norwich.

I really don't get some of the vitriol aimed at McLean in general. Unless we have 11 players on the park who are all Aberdeen daft and were born on Merkland Road then folk on here will never be happy. We know who McLean supports but folk on here seem to let that cloud their judgement a bit. He is a decent player who always tries and never hides. Yes he could have been better in a lot of games but he will be missed. However if Norwich want to pay half a million then we should jump at that. Tidy profit. Despite being what he is I know for a fact that he would rather try his hand in the Championship than go there.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast