+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr undroppable, Mr unsubbable

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    But Shinnie is our only left back, it is only logical to play him there.
    We could have signed one, we could have played McKenna along time ago. There were other options than Shinnie

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    We could have signed one, we could have played McKenna along time ago. There were other options than Shinnie
    We've got one. Harvie

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I thought McKenna done well when he started against fearts a few seasons ago but some people weren't too keen on him because he apparently was pysh for Ayr last season.

He will have poor games being so young and inexperienced but I would rather play him than our 30 year old defenders who have poor games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    We've got one. Harvie
    Harvie another option i ommited

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I thought McKenna done well when he started against fearts a few seasons ago but some people weren't too keen on him because he apparently was pysh for Ayr last season.

He will have poor games being so young and inexperienced but I would rather play him than our 30 year old defenders who have poor games.
    He wasn't great for Alloa either but after today and after the last few seasons of Reynolds, he should definitely be considered centre half with Arnason.

It's an ideal situation right now and it's exactly what a club like ours needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    We've got one. Harvie
    Harvie has a knee injury at the moment , according to Deek.

I'm sure he would have played him otherwise ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    He wasn't great for Alloa either but after today and after the last few seasons of Reynolds, he should definitely be considered centre half with Arnason.

It's an ideal situation right now and it's exactly what a club like ours needs.
    I think so too,the way I see it if you are inconsistent when you are 30 you are always going to be.But Russel Anderson was inconsistent in his early 20s so playing McKenna now when he is young and will have poor games might benefit us in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I think so too,the way I see it if you are inconsistent when you are 30 you are always going to be.But Russel Anderson was inconsistent in his early 20s so playing McKenna now when he is young and will have poor games might benefit us in the future.
    DM described McKenna as "an old fashioned centre half that attacks the ball".
    That's exactly what we need.
    He deserves a chance
    Arnie can play the calming influence.
    There's only one way we'll find out if he's good enough & we'll certainly know by the next 4-5 games, that's for sure.
    Reynolds has had ump**** chances.
    McKenna deserves his chance.
    My concern is that by most accounts he didn't look great on loan at Ayr or Alloa.

It's all to do with maximising the fee when the Hun bid for him in January.

McLean's been a terrific signing for us. He's not without his flaws, but he's still one of our most consistent performers. Don't know why he's getting stick for yesterday -- he had a very good game.

I can't help but wonder if the Weegia stirring has coloured some of our fans' perceptions of McLean. Some of us seem to have just assumed that he's on his way in January or June. And he may go -- but let's cross that bridge when the time comes. Until then, I'd rather we get off his back. He's got a big role to play this season, but he seems to have been elected the new scapegoat (rather unfairly). We're a better team when we are all -- fans, players, management -- united.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast