+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr undroppable, Mr unsubbable

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Aye, and I'd take him back in Jan, punt McLean for around about £250K, then use that and add another £400K and look to see if Celtic will play ball with Christie in the summer.

Means we could end our persuit of Greg Stewart, who hasn't impressed me so far.
    Agree with that.
    Stewart is a definite downgrade on McGinn.
    Christie at “10” would also be an upgrade on KM.
    Don’t see either happening.
    We can’t afford Christie. Not sure he’ll be back at the Dhims, more likely the English Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnydesalvo View Post
    Greg Docherty of Hamilton, Lewis Morgan of St Mirren as replacements would do nicely.
    Where would we get the £500-£700k?

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    He probably did. Certainly unjustified. 60 odd goals and probably as many assists. I’d have no problem seeing him in a red shirt come January
    Well who knows about McGinn ?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...ngju-struggle/

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Where would we get the £500-£700k?
    Pretty sure both deals could be done at @ £300k including add-ons, which would leave a bit of change from the McLean to Cardiff £750k in January. Get the board to add that to the Moult bid.

Going by what most of the folk on here seem to think, we shouldn't have anyone playing for us if they aren't planning to stay with us for the rest of their career. Get real folks, if you get 3 or 4 good years out of a player you're doing well these days. The guy has given us plenty notice that he's leaving which he doesn't have to do. He'll likely move to a Championship club down south or to Rangers if anyone up here - does it really matter? No. Can't really blame the guy if he just fancies a change and opportunity to make more money.

If you think replacing him will be straightforward, you're mistaken. He has a touch of class about him and he's in the peak years of his career. We'll replace him with either an up and coming youngster who may or may not turn into the real deal, or some guy who's showed promise, gone down south and lost his way - who may or may not find it again - i.e. Stewart, May etc

On the other note of McGinn - I mentioned recently on another thread that we should take him back and punt Stewart. McGinn still has plenty to offer and will be keen to impress the N.Ireland boss if they make it to the World Cup. Stewart has done nothing to inspire so far.

Quote Originally Posted by phuxachemin View Post
    Well who could POSSIBLY have ever seen that coming in a million years?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Stewart is a definite downgrade on McGinn.
    Completely different players, apples and oranges kind of comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by phuxachemin View Post
    The sun is also doing an article on McGinn joining the Huns in January.

Personally I can’t see McLean or McGinn moving there,once that nutter in charge gets fired their new manager will be looking for better than those 2.

Can't see McGinn going there after the bullets carry on, surely?

They don't like Catholics especially not not ex tim, ex sheep shagging, norn iron ones.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast