+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Mr undroppable, Mr unsubbable

I was impressed with him in the League Cup match this season, he's still got a year and a half left on his contract.

Looks like a good deal for him make your final appearance a cup winning game for us

Very happy with the McLean deal. I for one was convinced he was going to the b@stard garden.
    Looks like things aren't that rosy there after all, with first of all our manager who was "dying" to take the job, and now McLean who would "walk over broken glass barefoot" to pull on the sh!tey blue top of the tribute act both turning them down.
    Would be happy with both the two players mentioned.

We are pretty thin on the ground when it comes to midfielders when you consider Christie and Stewart are also loans.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Don't think I've ever heard the like but if pans out as reported great deal for us.
    KM held all the cards here & could presumably have gotten a bigger signing on fee if he held out to summer.

If indeed as reported good on the loon. A few folk should be suitably shame-faced...
    Exactly this. Sounds like McLean has done his bit to ensure AFC's interests were not completely over shadowed by his own self-interest. This reflects very well on everyone involved and underlines how snakey the snake-snake snakin' well was.

Quote Originally Posted by bpdon View Post
    Exactly this. Sounds like McLean has done his bit to ensure AFC's interests were not completely over shadowed by his own self-interest. This reflects very well on everyone involved and underlines how snakey the snake-snake snakin' well was.
    In all fairness, I don't think many people wanted Jack. There's no way he could have commanded a fee.

£200k is peanuts to them yet it's a massive payday for us. The difference in wealth is frightening.

Hope it's reinvested in a similar McLean type deal.

The best thing about this, apart from the money, is that he's not going to Sevco.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    In all fairness, I don't think many people wanted Jack. There's no way he could have commanded a fee.

£200k is peanuts to them yet it's a massive payday for us. The difference in wealth is frightening.

Hope it's reinvested in a similar McLean type deal.
    Thats very true Aldo - if I recall correctly Jack only had one other offer in England. But Jack waited until the 11th hour to confirm he was leaving (was it not mid-May?), told McInnes he wasnt going to Rangers, then signed for Rangers.

McLean told AFC in October he would be leaving and he has subsequently somehow masterminded an excellent deal for all concerned. And there's still half a seasons notice for everyone to plan for his departure. Good lad.

Didn't Jack have an offer from a club in America?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Didn't Jack have an offer from a club in America?
    Disney Club.

Columbus Crew

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast