+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr undroppable, Mr unsubbable

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I cannot believe you’re saying he works hard & doesn’t go missing. He did absolutely f*ck all for us for months.

He’s a luxury player our team aren’t good enough to carry. If someone is mental enough to offer £500k for the Hun, we should bite their hands off.
    He's one of our best players.
    Always making effort and a sweet left foot.
    Generally, most of our attacks start through McLean.

Generally, you just made that up

He doesn’t score, doesn’t set them up, can’t shoot & is posted missing in way more games than he turns up

Generally, you just made that up

He doesn’t score, doesn’t set them up, can’t shoot & is posted missing in way more games than he turns up
    Cant argue with any of that !! A lot are saying he is underrated, however i think the exact opposite. He can make a good pass from about 40 yards when he has a good day, but other than that he isn't all that great. Shooting is awful, goal tally terrible and always posted missing in big games. £500K... i would snap their arm off.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Cant argue with any of that !! A lot are saying he is underrated, however i think the exact opposite. He can make a good pass from about 40 yards when he has a good day, but other than that he isn't all that great. Shooting is awful, goal tally terrible and always posted missing in big games. £500K... i would snap their arm off.
    I don't think he's underrated, I just think he's played out of position and has been since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Personally, I don't really care who our players or management team supported as a boy....as long as they give 100% on or off the pitch.
    I would agree with you on that, if you are bothered who our players or management team support you are p*ssing in the wind.

From what I have heard the current u20 squad is riddled with erse cheek fans too.

Im not on Twitter but a few people I know say that Harvie follows the huns on twitter.

As I said before Storie is supposed to have a hun tattoo.

Frank Ross is from a family of Huns.

Not sure about others but I would imagine there are more considering a lot of the youngsters are from the central belt.

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post

Take the money and give it to Celtic for Christie.

I'd be more than happy with that....

Can't understand the antipathy towards McLean. He is a proper footballer. He is played deeper than he would probably like. Firstly to accommodate Christie and secondly because we don't have any other midfielders who can take the ball deep and move it quickly upfield with the range of passing he has in his locker. He is also pretty quick and can cover a lot of ground as well as being decent in the air. He is head and shoulders above the likes of Tansey and O'Connor.

I do get frustrated with him sometimes just because I feel he could offer a bit more. But by a bit more I mean by his standards not the by the standards of his aforementioned midfield colleagues. We will miss him when he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Can't understand the antipathy towards McLean. He is a proper footballer. He is played deeper than he would probably like. Firstly to accommodate Christie and secondly because we don't have any other midfielders who can take the ball deep and move it quickly upfield with the range of passing he has in his locker. He is also pretty quick and can cover a lot of ground as well as being decent in the air. He is head and shoulders above the likes of Tansey and O'Connor.

I do get frustrated with him sometimes just because I feel he could offer a bit more. But by a bit more I mean by his standards not the by the standards of his aforementioned midfield colleagues. We will miss him when he goes.
    Spot on.

He's been a ***** component of our team for a few seasons now and people probably won't fully realise it until he's gone. He is probably better in a more attacking role, but I think Christie is better than him in that area, hence why he's played further back. His passing is better than anyone else in the team, his height in midfield is useful too, he does get stuck in, he keeps the ball well usually, moves things from back to front, has a goal threat etc. He's a good all rounder and will be hard to replace, especially under pressure during a short window.

Having said all that, if he's going anyway in a few months time and we're offered £500K I think it would be stupid not to take it. If we can use it towards getting Christie permanently, or sign a couple of up and coming younger players with it, it would be good business.

It’s a shame we need McGinn out wide because I’d be supremely confident that he could do Kenny McLeans job better

It’s a shame we need McGinn out wide because I’d be supremely confident that he could do Kenny McLeans job better
    It's a shame you still feel like need to continuously post negative guff in the hope of a reaction. Nobody is biting, move on. We get that you hate McInnes, McLean, the stadium, the team, the city.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast