+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr undroppable, Mr unsubbable

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    You’ll be able to get that at the new stadium
    If you are in the special Black and Gold section.

Quote Originally Posted by February_1971 View Post
    If the Norwich rumour is true, we will need to replace him quickly.
    Good player and will not be easy to replace.
    It's gone a bitty quiet on this hasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    I'm talking about your comment about him being a bell end.
    Hey listen if you actually read my post properly it was in response to the same posters who have called him every name under the sun because they simply don’t like him.

I don’t see you having a go at them.

For the record I think he has been a good player for us,my point was even if he is a prick like some are saying I would still rather have him in the team than some shyte player who looks like he would be a good laugh to go for a pint with.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Then dont talk to anyone.

See.
    Yeah, that's what I do.........
    SH1T.

If Kenny McLean was definitely interested in going to the dirty Rangers he could easily just sign a pre contract with them.
    I hope we manage to get a deal from Norwich for the £500,000 as the media have reported....I don’t have much confidence that this will be the real fee intended on being paid though.
    McKenna is a player we don’t have to sell though as he has plenty time on his contract. Talking to Hamilton Accies about Devlin would suggest we are maybe going to do further business with Hull City.
    Interesting times ahead if we get good cash for our players as surely McInnes will want to utilise any incoming funds.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Talking to Hamilton Accies about Devlin would suggest we are maybe going to do further business with Hull City.
    Or, alternatively, future planning, since Arnason and Reynolds are getting on a bit, and O'Connor's ****e and out of contract soon (i think).

Kenny McLean is a decent midfielder. He undoubtedly has skill and it could be tricky finding a direct replacement. But from my point point of view he isn't the player some seem to think.

When we bought him he was a good player in a not so good team, and I think the calibre of players around him made him look better than he really was. He was the standout player in their team, but I think any good player would have been. We bought him amid much talk of the great player we had just got. For me he was a disappointment.

He seems to have changed a bit since we first got him. He doesn't fall over and lie prone waiting for the ref to give a free kick while the opposition run into the space he so recently vacated by falling over at the first hint there might be contact. We had a lot of goal threats directly down to McLean's affinity for a lie down on the turf. He doesn't seem to do that so regularly these days, thankfully. He can pass but this seems decidedly patchy. He is prone to sending a long diagonal into an area where there are no red shirts. I think he often does that because he hit the ball before he looked up.

That said he has good close control. Unfortunately he rarely displays that in or around the opposition box and his shooting, especially from distance, is erratic. He has scored a total of 18 goals for us, 13 in the league. That's pretty average for a midfielder, it certainly doesn't suggest the type of player that we were originally told we had got. He would "add goals from midfield", well yes, but not the kind of numbers that statement would have suggested. I know his defenders will say he has been played out of position, but he has been played in virtually every outfield position in midfield and attack at some point. All with much the same result.

I am not saying he is a bad player, he isn't. I just think we could obtain someone who does at least one of his jobs more effectively than he does. I don't know who that would be as I only really watch Aberdeen, but there are midfielders out there better than McLean.

I would be very surprised if the club would be remotely interested in talking to Hull for the sort of sums being suggested particularly given the length of contract McKenna is presently on. I think it would take silly money eg 1million plus for them to consider cashing in at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRed View Post
    Kenny McLean is a decent midfielder. He undoubtedly has skill and it could be tricky finding a direct replacement. But from my point point of view he isn't the player some seem to think.

When we bought him he was a good player in a not so good team, and I think the calibre of players around him made him look better than he really was. He was the standout player in their team, but I think any good player would have been. We bought him amid much talk of the great player we had just got. For me he was a disappointment.

He seems to have changed a bit since we first got him. He doesn't fall over and lie prone waiting for the ref to give a free kick while the opposition run into the space he so recently vacated by falling over at the first hint there might be contact. We had a lot of goal threats directly down to McLean's affinity for a lie down on the turf. He doesn't seem to do that so regularly these days, thankfully. He can pass but this seems decidedly patchy. He is prone to sending a long diagonal into an area where there are no red shirts. I think he often does that because he hit the ball before he looked up.

That said he has good close control. Unfortunately he rarely displays that in or around the opposition box and his shooting, especially from distance, is erratic. He has scored a total of 18 goals for us, 13 in the league. That's pretty average for a midfielder, it certainly doesn't suggest the type of player that we were originally told we had got. He would "add goals from midfield", well yes, but not the kind of numbers that statement would have suggested. I know his defenders will say he has been played out of position, but he has been played in virtually every outfield position in midfield and attack at some point. All with much the same result.

I am not saying he is a bad player, he isn't. I just think we could obtain someone who does at least one of his jobs more effectively than he does. I don't know who that would be as I only really watch Aberdeen, but there are midfielders out there better than McLean.
    Nope. I genuinely think we will struggle to replace him. McGeoch would be decent but as said before very injury prone. McLean isn't and is hardly ever injured. In the recent capitulation to the Tims he was the only one in Red who looked like a proper footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Nope. I genuinely think we will struggle to replace him. McGeoch would be decent but as said before very injury prone. McLean isn't and is hardly ever injured. In the recent capitulation to the Tims he was the only one in Red who looked like a proper footballer.
    It was his fvck-up that caused their 3rd goal.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast