+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Mr undroppable, Mr unsubbable

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    In all fairness, I don't think many people wanted Jack. There's no way he could have commanded a fee.

£200k is peanuts to them yet it's a massive payday for us. The difference in wealth is frightening.

Hope it's reinvested in a similar McLean type deal.
    Perhaps used to get Christie here on a 4 year deal

Good bit of business and very happy with the loan arrangement. Big thanks to Norwich City what a decent club they are.
    Good move for KM and so pleasing he didn't land up at Iprix. DM have had a word in his ear what a ****e club Newco are, if you really want a career go to a decent club.
    Daily Retard says 200k how the **** would them know they are just so pissed off he didn't land up a Hun
    Also big thanks to KM for being decent about the move and not signing a worthless pre contract. The lad has gone up in my expectation ten times over.
    Hope he does well down at Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Good bit of business and very happy with the loan arrangement. Big thanks to Norwich City what a decent club they are.
    Good move for KM and so pleasing he didn't land up at Iprix. DM have had a word in his ear what a ****e club Newco are, if you really want a career go to a decent club.
    Daily Retard says 200k how the **** would them know they are just so pissed off he didn't land up a Hun
    Also big thanks to KM for being decent about the move and not signing a worthless pre contract. The lad has gone up in my expectation ten times over.
    Hope he does well down at Norwich
    The fee was undisclosed...

Norwich could've at least done us a swap deal with Robert Fleck.

What's the hold up with the Sevco concomitant statement on never being interested in KM?

Great bit of business by all parties involved in making this happen, could not understand it at first when I heard about it, but now it does make perfect sense and really well done and fair play to KM who throughout this whole process has been a class act.
    And he has not kicked us in the baz by going to one of the erse cheeks like some others have done recently.
    Cheers KM and all the very best down at Norwich bud, and lets hope you head down there with a winners medal from the Scottish cup

SF

Is it too much to think they may have squeezed in a sell on percentage?
    Initially there was talk of £500k, so if that was dropped and along with paying a percentage of his wage (probably what he was already on at Aberdeen), maybe there's a wee sneaky 10% sell-on included.
    Hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    Perhaps used to get Christie here on a 4 year deal
    Biggest hurdle to getting Christie permanently will be the reduction in his wages

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Biggest hurdle to getting Christie permanently will be the reduction in his wages
    Celtic must be thinking about giving him a new contract, otherwise they would surely have just sold him to us last year rather than loaned him. If he does decide to leave them, who would realistically be interested? Can't see him going to anyone else in Scotland unless it's us. I guess there might be some Championship teams down south interested and he might want to try something new and at the same time maintain his Celtic level wages. I'd love to see him here permanently - he's an integral part of the team now and will be hard to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Celtic must be thinking about giving him a new contract, otherwise they would surely have just sold him to us last year rather than loaned him. If he does decide to leave them, who would realistically be interested? Can't see him going to anyone else in Scotland unless it's us. I guess there might be some Championship teams down south interested and he might want to try something new and at the same time maintain his Celtic level wages. I'd love to see him here permanently - he's an integral part of the team now and will be hard to replace.
    Not so sure on that.
    I think he was loaned to allow him to develop further.
    As good as Christie is, he can overdo it and give away possession when better options are available.
    Celtic may simply consider that he has not developed as much as they would have wanted and decide to progress with other option which may result in greater future transfer fees

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast