+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr undroppable, Mr unsubbable

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    To be honest, KM is probably the 2nd outfield player on the team sheet.
    Shinnie would be first and there's a reason he is captain.
    He drives us forward with the energy he brings to the team in midfield.
    I'd pick McLean next, just slightly ahead of Christie, because of his versatility.
    It's because of that versatility that he's played in a number of different roles for Aberdeen.

Class player for our level and will be very hard to replace when he goes.
    Yip, he probably hasn't been quite as effective as a goal scoring midfielder as he probably hoped he would be, and he is not the type of player to put the boot in, but some of the criticism he gets is incredible. As other have said, McLean never ever hides. He works tirelessly even when he's not having a great game, and he does come up with the odd goal and assist. Most importantly, he's part of a team unit that has undoubtedly been greater than the sum of its parts.

There has been an undercurrent of criticism of him since he signed, but it has only grown since he became linked with Rangers and exacerbated further when he was open and honest with everyone back in the summer by stating he would not be re-signing - something we should be grateful for, since it allows us to plan early, and is in stark contrast to the snake Jack. His commitment since that announcement cannot be called into question.

That all said, we should be biting off anyone's hand for 500k for him now. The earlier we get a deal done this month the more time we have to get a solid replacement in.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    The video referred to is when he was a loon on some god forsaken Glasgow estate. What team did you expect him to support Plastic Whistle.
    Not the one I saw but it’s interesting to know there’s another one

I never could stand the sight of him.

I shut up at first (difficult to believe I know) because I was able to recognize that he was exactly the type of player I don't like.

But his arrogant poncing around got the better of me.

Hopefully we can ALL agree that 500,000 is a great offer, hopefully he's on his way before the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by afc_1983 View Post
    Yip, he probably hasn't been quite as effective as a goal scoring midfielder as he probably hoped he would be, and he is not the type of player to put the boot in, but some of the criticism he gets is incredible. As other have said, McLean never ever hides. He works tirelessly even when he's not having a great game, and he does come up with the odd goal and assist. Most importantly, he's part of a team unit that has undoubtedly been greater than the sum of its parts.

There has been an undercurrent of criticism of him since he signed, but it has only grown since he became linked with Rangers and exacerbated further when he was open and honest with everyone back in the summer by stating he would not be re-signing - something we should be grateful for, since it allows us to plan early, and is in stark contrast to the snake Jack. His commitment since that announcement cannot be called into question.

That all said, we should be biting off anyone's hand for 500k for him now. The earlier we get a deal done this month the more time we have to get a solid replacement in.
    McLeans record for us is 139 appearances 18 goals and 14 assists.

I have seen players with worse records than that being worshiped by some Dons fans on here,which kind of shows you it has nothing to do with his performances on the pitch.

Im sure the guy is a bell end on a personal level, but where would we be if we had a team full of Andy "local loon, seems like an all round nice guy" Considines.

15 assists, counting his howler at Parkhead

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    Fück me you cünts are boring as fück
    Was just readying the same reply, fück me!

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Im sure the guy is a bell end on a personal level
    How would you ever know this? Sick fed up of people who have absolutely no idea make up pointless stuff to fill their lunch breaks...

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    How would you ever know this? Sick fed up of people who have absolutely no idea make up pointless stuff to fill their lunch breaks...
    What did you have? I had some homemade soup, sweet potato with apricots roasted in a pot. Lovely. Mmm.

Is that thread still going?

I dont know for sure because I have never met him but my presumption was down to 99% of footballers think they are the dogs bollox.

I was actually sticking up for him, you have just highlighted the one negative thing I said about him in the post. I can do that too if you want.

Why have you not had a go at the other people who are constantly spouting shyte about him?

Sick fed up of people
    Then dont talk to anyone.

See.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast