+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr undroppable, Mr unsubbable

Mr undroppable, Mr unsubbable

You probably know who I am taking about. McLean is the first player I have ever seen who regardless how bad he plays continues to be picked every week and is virtually never subbed. No other player in our team has these privileges, I wonder why? I would love to see a Dons team without him to see how they manage but I realise it is never going to happen. He falls on his ar*e if any opposing player comes near him and appeals to the ref for a foul. He can't tackle, has no pace and his shooting is abysmal. I would love to see Rangers take him off our hands but I doubt it will happen.

You'd be better slagging off the manager.

Considine is the same...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSLYFOX View Post
    Considine is the same...
    I would be more concerned about him than McLean,he will be gone by next summer while Considine will be here until he retires so he will be with us for at least another 4 or 5 years,shudder.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I would be more concerned about him than McLean,he will be gone by next summer while Considine will be here until he retires so he will be with us for at least another 4 or 5 years,shudder.
    I think you are being hard on Consi. He has played over 400 games for the Dons and always give 100%. He has been played out of position at left back ( and on the left side of a back three) by McInnes for years. He is a left sided central defender but is virtually never played here. McLean on the other hand is what my Dons supporting mate says is an illusionist ( much like Paul Daniels). He gives the illusion of doing a lot of things in a match like today at Motherwell but actually achieves very little. If I played football I would have Consi in may team, way ahead of McLean.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    I think you are being hard on Consi. He has played over 400 games for the Dons and always give 100%. He has been played out of position at left back ( and on the left side of a back three) by McInnes for years. He is a left sided central defender but is virtually never played here. McLean on the other hand is what my Dons supporting mate says is an illusionist ( much like Paul Daniels). He gives the illusion of doing a lot of things in a match like today at Motherwell but actually achieves very little. If I played football I would have Consi in may team, way ahead of McLean.
    Love the cr@p that Considine supporters come out with. He is a huge liability. That cannot be hidden. His pace is questionable and his positional sense is non existent. It's so clear how much Hayes helped him and bailed him out.

Left sided defender is a left sided defender, Central or not. He played centre half a few weeks back and was rank rotten. I would ship him out in a heartbeat.

I wasn't at today's game but I hear McKenna was solid. Maybe him and Arnason are a partnership that can be built upon?

Just need Shay to get his form back and a left back.

Both Considine and McLean had decent games today.

Considine gets a hard time on here I feel because a number of people wanted to see our best midfield defender play at left back.

McLean has played through a period of the team not playing well, including himself at times, but his effort in trying to ensure we defend properly has been good.

Everyone will have their favourite players and the ones they don't like. These two are playing in Dons jerseys and in my opinion deserve more support and less decrying than they get. We are after all in a clear 2nd, close to the top and a full 6 points above the scum without actually hitting form. Today's performance I thought gives hope that the fight in the players had returned and that this might be a catalyst for a return to form.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post

Considine gets a hard time on here I feel because a number of people wanted to see our best midfield defender play at left back.

:
    I want to see a decent left back at left back. That doesn't mean Shinnie

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    He played at centre back under Calderwood,McGhee and Brown and was awful,since McInnes has come in he has improved and although he is a centre back his best position is left back,I don't trust him playing at centre back if McInnes must play him I would prefer him at left back.I never questioned his commitment and I'm sure he is a nice guy but that shouldn't be enough to be in an Aberdeen team.

I do wonder sometimes if Considine wasn't from Aberdeen and came through the youth system would he have as much fans?If he was from Glasgow and we signed him from St Mirren I don't think he would be as popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I want to see a decent left back at left back. That doesn't mean Shinnie
    But Shinnie is our only left back, it is only logical to play him there.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast