+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr undroppable, Mr unsubbable

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Agreed. Miller never showed his support for any other team when he played for Aberdeen. Even to this day in his job for the bbc he is only known as the great Aberdeen captain. I don’t hear him shouting for any other team except the Dons. Miller truly was what a Dons player should be...always proving he could play against anyone and any team. The players nowadays could take note.
    He was. It's fact.

Anyway, didn't realise DM said that he's expecting a bid for McLean this week. So this will be his last game I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    He was. It's fact.

Anyway, didn't realise DM said that he's expecting a bid for McLean this week. So this will be his last game I'd imagine.
    Strange ? It's been a while since I've read his biography. BUt pretty sure that memory would have stuck with me if he had said he supports one of them ? All I remember from it was how , as a kid he wasn't bothered one way or the other ?
    . I'll have to go read it again. It'Ll be the truth , whatever Wullie would never lie to us .

In Willie's day when you were a kid you mebbe "nominally" supported team but you never went to see them cos you were ayeways playing, Saturday a.m. school Saturday p.m. Boys Club/Juvenile, Sunday same or BB.

When I was at school the good players might pledge an allegiance but they never really supported a team, that was left to the dumplings like me.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Strange ? It's been a while since I've read his biography. BUt pretty sure that memory would have stuck with me if he had said he supports one of them ? All I remember from it was how , as a kid he wasn't bothered one way or the other ?
    . I'll have to go read it again. It'Ll be the truth , whatever Wullie would never lie to us .
    You should read "The Moon's a Balloon".

Cracking cross field pass there

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    In Willie's day when you were a kid you mebbe "nominally" supported team but you never went to see them cos you were ayeways playing, Saturday a.m. school Saturday p.m. Boys Club/Juvenile, Sunday same or BB.

When I was at school the good players might pledge an allegiance but they never really supported a team, that was left to the dumplings like me.
    Exactly that. That’s why I ended up playing Welfare* fitba on a Sunday than Amateur on a Saturday. Also because I was ****e at fitba, of course. These boys who made it favoured teams rather than supporting them. Logistics didn’t allow it

* the biggest of all misnomers. ‘Welfare’ was the last thing on some of these thugs’ minds.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    He definatley states in his book he did not support either

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He definatley states in his book he did not support either
    I'm aware of that. His old manager says otherwise. It's no big deal. The point I was making is that all our best players are weegies and you have to expect them to support either one.

I dont give a f@ck either way. Just dinna be getting your photo taken in the away end at Rugby Park and it to be posted on the net, or have a celtic birthday cake or not celebrate a goal at Parkhead etc when employed by Aberdeen FC

Loved his witty acknowledgement of the negative Saints banter yesterday and further render Steven Thompson into dark hirsute groomed TinTin void of substance earned status . Such pride that a true legend is ours. Few will ever forget Oor Wullie.
    Last edited by vinnydesalvo; 21-01-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast