+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Straight Red

Straight Red

There is no doubt it was a game-changer.

I wasn't sure at first but watching again the player certainly gives the referee a decision to make.

It was not simply a raised boot, both feet were off the ground when he made contact and he had no control at all, certainly reckless.

Thought it was a joke at the ground,,never a red. But then I thought Mane's red was ridiculous the first time I saw it and the ref turned out to be er right.

Was the high Notts foot (can't remember who) a red as well, and if not, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Thought it was a joke at the ground,,never a red. But then I thought Mane's red was ridiculous the first time I saw it and the ref turned out to be er right.

Was the high Notts foot (can't remember who) a red as well, and if not, why not?
    I would like to see that again too. I have no problems with it being a straight red for a high boot with contact when both feet are off the ground and not if there is a standing foot, however I cannot ever see that being applied consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

Grant, if their player was sent off he should have gone !
    Last edited by navypie; 23-09-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Thought it was very harsh. Highlights only though.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Grant, if their player was sent off he should have gone !
    There was no comparison IMO. Their player came from behind Grant, and there was no way Grant could have seen him. Definitely a foul but I didn't even think it was a yellow.

Still not sure about their red, but a 50/50 where one player goes in with their foot, and the other with their head, is never going to end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    There was no comparison IMO. Their player came from behind Grant, and there was no way Grant could have seen him. Definitely a foul but I didn't even think it was a yellow.

Still not sure about their red, but a 50/50 where one player goes in with their foot, and the other with their head, is never going to end well.
    Used to see ref's waving 50/50 in those situations didn't we. And it was 50/50 (or near as damn it).

I sympathise with Lincoln a little, however, the rules are the rules. Anyone drawing comparisons with feet being high need to think about one thing and one thing thing only.. Are the studs 'showing'?
    With yesterdays red card, Billy knott, had a choice to make as both he and Yates went for the bouncing ball, frankly, he took the soft option. The irony is, had Knott been as brave and gone in with his head, both players could have been seriously injured.

I suppose it makes up for the outrageous Devon White sending off against Lincoln in 1997, if anyone still remembers that. He was chasing a through ball and was favourite to score, the goalie dived at his feet and White was sent off for dangerous foul play. Then whilst we were arguing, they scored, from an offside position. In fact, about 5 of them were offside, include Stant, who scored.

I think a Notts fan then attacked the ref, which we got into trouble for.

I also remember the stupid little rowing a boat celebration they all did. Think Oops Upside Your Head. I knew there was a reason I despise Lincoln, other than Ray Trew, of course.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 24-09-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I suppose it makes up for the outrageous Devon White sending off against Lincoln in 1997, if anyone still remembers that. He was chasing a through ball and was favourite to score, the goalie dived at his feet and White was sent off for dangerous foul play. Then whilst we were arguing, they scored, from an offside position. In fact, about 5 of them were offside, include Stant, who scored.

I think a Notts fan then attacked the ref, which we got into trouble for.

I also remember the stupid little rowing a boat celebration they all did. Think Oops Upside Your Head. I knew there was a reason I despise Lincoln, other than Ray Trew, of course.
    That is the angriest I've ever been at a football match.

When that chap ran over and attacked the linesman later that game, I was quite frankly surprised there were not more!

Whilst not condoning that idiot, I frankly have never been more wound up by a game of football ever in my life.

The 5 players (I think it was 3) were miles off side. I mean a quarter of a pitch. I honestly think the lineo didn't see them because they were so far offside!

That sending off for Bruno, (after also having a perfectly awesome half volley into the top corner chalked off just minutes earlier - probably the best goal he ever scored!) was utterly ridiculous.

I'm with you on this one. If these things even themselves out we deserve a shed load of fortune at Lincoln away as well.

I think that ridiculous game ended 2-1 or something like that.
    Last edited by The_Don_ORiordan; 24-09-2017 at 08:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast