+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Todays game

Todays game

1st half
    end to end stuff at times. should have scored, we had plenty of chances tbh. our tempo was much better and the hunger to get the ball was there. we showed more attacking intent than we have all season. good half.

2nd half
    end to end again. had wee spells on top but then allowed them back into the game again. some good play for the 1st goal and looked comfortable then gave them time and space again to claw themselves back into the game. conceded a silly goal from a set piece but gained a sense of control and managed to get the winner. held on at the end but a well deserved win in the end.

ratings
    Lewis
    solid enough. came and collected a few crosses well. made a good couple of saves during the game. (7)
    Toshney
    wasnt really on for long but looked alright (4)
    Durnan
    dont think he put a foot wrong all game. looks solid and composed. (8) MOTM
    Edge
    not the most attractive footballer but hes solid enough and defended well against Quitongo at times. (7)
    Robson
    horrible backpass in 1st half and seemed to lack confidence afterwards. dived in a few times and got done. (5)
    Fyvie
    solid enough game. still needs to move the ball abit quicker but probably one of his best games so far. (7)
    Briels
    does all the dirty work that noone notices. went around his business well. (7)
    King
    think it was the best performance ive seen from king so far. drove at his opponents and showed attacking intent which weve lacked. (7)
    McMullan
    back to the sort of performance at the start of the season. driving at defenders and looking dangerous. what to see more of this. (7)
    Mcdonald
    link up play was good and worked himself into the ground. took his goal well. looks better with a partner (7)
    Keatings
    finally getting to see what hes all about. worked hard, linked well and finished his goal well. (7)

subs
    Murdoch
    looked shaky at times but got forward more than usual and was decent enough. (6)
    Stanton
    didnt do alot when he came on but worked hard. (4)
    Nkoyi
    worked hard and used his presence alot. (4)

Morton
    you knew what they are all about. dangerous from set pieces and will work hard. looked for the ball down the channels from quitongo to get them up the park. once they took him off i dont think they looked as dangerous from open play. will be decent enough to get into playoffs again. well drilled and well organised

Ray
    thats the sort of performance we want!! attacking intent!! hunger and desire to get the ball back!!. we looked like it mattered today which is why the fans backed them. with abit more confidence and sharpness should be a cracker in dunfermline next week!

FTD

As I now take my grandson to the fitba I am now in my seat to witness the warm up, and pre match yesterday nearly every one of our players gave this 100% effort, all but Sam Stanton that is. Not sure if he was pissed off because he was a sub but he was noticeably lazy during the routine and seemed to put as little effort in as was possible. Laddie should be paired up with Scott McDonald to learn from a seasoned professional of how to conduct yourself at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    As I now take my grandson to the fitba I am now in my seat to witness the warm up, and pre match yesterday nearly every one of our players gave this 100% effort, all but Sam Stanton that is. Not sure if he was pissed off because he was a sub but he was noticeably lazy during the routine and seemed to put as little effort in as was possible. Laddie should be paired up with Scott McDonald to learn from a seasoned professional of how to conduct yourself at all times.
    Does SS not miss out full-time training thro the week cos of injury concerns?

Sam has issues with his knees and i think gets excused from quite a bit.

Shame really as i think those knees are robbing a top team of a fantastic player!

For the first time in a long time, i would like to raise some players by a point on some of your ratings.

Durnan when first Edje got injured, then Toshney, covered a hell of a lot of ground to cover those 2.

King and McDonald showed up today as the type of players i expect them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Does SS not miss out full-time training thro the week cos of injury concerns?
    His lack of effort would be excused then if that's the case Smeds but then surely there are other players who are fully fit who should be in before him?

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    His lack of effort would be excused then if that's the case Smeds but then surely there are other players who are fully fit who should be in before him?
    There are ahlltan, SS was a subbie.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)