+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Congratulations to John 'Zippy' Norris

Congratulations to John 'Zippy' Norris

On attending his 1100th CONSECUTIVE Millers match today. Truly amazing Zippy - well done!

Tremendous feet - has Zippy

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Tremendous feet - has Zippy
    Size 13....but not true about people with big feet
    Thank you Mygiddypant.....not achieved b...ugger all in mi life so this is summat i can be proud of.
    (Increase the medication Nurse please)

Well done Zip and it was nice that the team turned in a performance fitting for the occasion.

So if I remember right the last game you missed was the one after the Auto Windshield win? You can count on the fingers of two hands the number of games I've seen in that time, twelve What was the closest shave you've had to missing a game during 'the streak'? Guess we should call you 'Iron Man' like they do Cal Ripkin from baseball who played 2,632 consecutive games over a paltry 16 years, nothing compared to your 21+ year run

Saw the information on the NYS scoreboard - well done Zippy

Well done Zip, I saw you on the big screen
    Attachment 6594

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Well done Zip and it was nice that the team turned in a performance fitting for the occasion.

So if I remember right the last game you missed was the one after the Auto Windshield win? What was the closest shave you've had to missing a game during 'the streak'?
    Ha ha, 12 fingers indeed....you forgot to mention that mi Mum's mi Sister and mi Dad was mi Uncle and all that.

Been close a few times to missing a game during this run due to breakdown's etc but the 4 outstanding ones in my memory are as follows....

Mates car broke down on way to Chester in 1999 so i ended up in middle of M62 waving supporters club coach down and we all got on there except the driver of course who stayed with his car till breakdown van got there.

Leeds at home in League Cup in September 2005....i started a new job on the day of that game and they put me on afters....at the induction the day before, me and the other new starters were asked if we had any outstanding holidays from our previous employers as they were obliged to honour them and i said i'd got half day booked in for that first day (nose growing like Pinocchio's as i spoke) they weren't best pleased but i got it anyway.....i'm still there so it was worth the bullpoo.

Away at Exeter Tuesday night in 2007, a bad accident on M1 meant we were stuck for ages on way down and got there 15 minutes into game (so you could say my run is only 1099 and 5/6ths games )

Finally, my Dad passed away the day before the last ever game at Millmoor v Barnet in 2008 and for once obviously Football didn't matter....i was gonna stay with Mum and miss the game but she said Dad wouldn't want me to miss it and all the Family was round with Mum anyway of course, so i went....broke down in tears in Mail Coach that night as a few beers and Dad's passing finally brought all the emotions out.

Amazing v well done Zippy.