+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: As Fans Are We a Rabble on Away Days ?

I'd be curious as to any team that has 10k+ away supporters and has no idiots in the bunch?

Not making excuses but also think it's unrealistic to get that many people of any team together and not have some problems.

i guess its safe to say the when we have away supporters at ER they are all "well behaved" as well?

WTF11- "This is a Leeds board, for Leeds fans (excepting Alf of course). The rest can go and bore the hell off others, thank you very much".

Greek philosopher then are you WTF11. 👏
    The most trusted authorities are considered to be those in closest touch with the recent form of the horse that is, stable lads, trainers etc. The notional term 'from the horse's mouth'is supposed to indicate one step better than even that inner circle, That is, the horse itself ! 👍
    'People don’t buy what you do. They buy why you do it'.
    So in my case always start with “Why.”

"Do you realise that ticket ALLOCATIONS for us are based on the behaviour and number of incidents - not ALL of us wish to be glued to Sky 'cos of the idiotic few on our travels ................. "
    Touché

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    WTF11- "This is a Leeds board, for Leeds fans (excepting Alf of course). The rest can go and bore the hell off others, thank you very much".

Greek philosopher then are you WTF11. 👏
    The most trusted authorities are considered to be those in closest touch with the recent form of the horse that is, stable lads, trainers etc. The notional term 'from the horse's mouth'is supposed to indicate one step better than even that inner circle, That is, the horse itself ! 👍
    'People don’t buy what you do. They buy why you do it'.
    So in my case always start with “Why.”

"Do you realise that ticket ALLOCATIONS for us are based on the behaviour and number of incidents - not ALL of us wish to be glued to Sky 'cos of the idiotic few on our travels ................. "
    Touché
    Completely at a loss understanding the references to horse and mouth, probably not smart enough, but......

I suspect away allocations are a bloody sight more influenced by demand. Not much point allocating 5000 tickets to a bunch if angels who can only muster 500 is there? Demand for Leeds away tickets always outstrips supply and just because some numbnuts decides to throw a flare, or rude words are sung, our opposition will regularly allocate us more tickets than any other side in the Championship.

And as for the "friend" from Derby.......who are they and why do they see the need to use you as a conduit to this board? Others from other clubs post here, how com this person (and Rosey), feel the need to use a proxy to do so?

Reduced allocations are fact ....... have you tried to obtain an away ticket recently.
    All damage done within stadiums is settled by club & any reported 'incidents' to FL regarding 'objects' thrown onto field of play the club gets fined and issued a warning.
    All Evidence obtained from clubs regarding objects thrown into spectator areas,racist chanting etc is examined to identify culprits who receive bans if proven.
    All clubs Security trawl media to identify 'faces' & relay information to Police,Stewards of possible trouble occuring prior to match days.

The bloke from Derby does his job well & I'm surprised at your comments as you don't 'attend' many away games to even comment.

Rosey is banned from Mad but hey ho ............... I put his twopence in as he's a mate.
    I put the Derby stewards email on under my account as to protect his identity.

I try to balance all facts and occasionally use my private FSF correspondence to put folks into the picture over events maybe not known.
    Safe standing & trying to get decent pricing for folks to attend matches is an issue I address more than any other because it will help to get folks back into football stadiums which should be a safe environment to visit.

Always easy for criticism - but 'water off a ducks back' to me !
    So there you have it from the 'horses mouth'.
    ALAW

Ps The bloke on the train got a 3 year ban from attending all Leeds matches.He was identified as a 'face' in other unreported incidents so the club did act which - was not reported.

Reduced allocations are fact ....... have you tried to obtain an away ticket recently.
    All damage done within stadiums is settled by club & any reported 'incidents' to FL regarding 'objects' thrown onto field of play the club gets fined and issued a warning.
    All Evidence obtained from clubs regarding objects thrown into spectator areas,racist chanting etc is examined to identify culprits who receive bans if proven.
    All clubs Security trawl media to identify 'faces' & relay information to Police,Stewards of possible trouble occuring prior to match days.

The bloke from Derby does his job well & I'm surprised at your comments as you don't 'attend' many away games to even comment.

Rosey is banned from Mad but hey ho ............... I put his twopence in as he's a mate.

I try to balance all facts and occasionally use my private FSF correspondence to put folks into the picture over events maybe not known.
    Safe standing & trying to get decent pricing for folks to attend matches is an issue I address more than any other because it will help to get folks back into football stadiums which should be a safe environment to visit.

ALAW

Ps The bloke on the train got a 3 year ban from attending all Leeds matches.He was identified as a 'face' in other unreported incidents so the club did act which - was not reported.
    You are still at big odds to have the last reply here... 😉

ALAW

Carry on posting Mrs O - you are one of the posters on here who seems to have a pretty balanced perspective - and you also post things that we don't see anywhere else - so just keep 'em coming - better than reading a lot of the negative drivel that's been on here in spades the last three weeks!

I quite enjoy the idiot Roseylee's posts too [Obviously thick as mince - he thinks WTF11 is the only sensible poster on here since he got himself banned LOL]

Anyway - another decent performance hopefully tonight - and we will be back on track ......fingers crossed

ALAW

Usually respect your posts, even if I don't always agree with them. On this occasion you seem to have developed prescience and divine insight as to how many matches ( home or away) I attend. Curious as to how many or fe that happens to be, but hey let's not let fact prevent a dig or two.

As to the reduced allocations, of course behaviours has an effect on a club's view but to suggest that the nutter who threw a flare, or fans including obscenties in a chant ( home or away), is going to materially affect allocation flies in the face of commercial reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Carry on posting Mrs O - you are one of the posters on here who seems to have a pretty balanced perspective - and you also post things that we don't see anywhere else - so just keep 'em coming - better than reading a lot of the negative drivel that's been on here in spades the last three weeks!

I quite enjoy the idiot Roseylee's posts too [Obviously thick as mince - he thinks WTF11 is the only sensible poster on here since he got himself banned LOL]

Anyway - another decent performance hopefully tonight - and we will be back on track ......fingers crossed
    Errrr, I don't think Rosey and I see eye to eye on very much, thank you.

QPR - Loftus Road

Just wish to point out that 3 smoke bombs were thrown AFTER the away fans were informed by the Loftus Road PA announcer just before the end of the first half that no alcohol would be served to them at half-time.The news was met with a loud groan from the away end and chants of ‘you’re not drinking anymore’ from the locals which raised a seasonal festive laugh (well it had been a dull first 45).

More worrying was how the hell, despite vigorous searching by stewards ring fencing the stadia, did the 'bombs' get inside the ground ?
    Had a lot of complaints of our 'Away day' of unfair treatment again and fans from our recent visit to W. London including several female supporters have reported discriminatory stewarding tactics inside & outside of Loftus Road.http://www.followmeandleedsunited.co...-december-2017
    - so anyone at the game is welcome to add comment for my attention to forward on by pm on 'ere.
    Thank you.

QPR - Loftus Road

Just wish to point out that 3 smoke bombs were thrown AFTER the away fans were informed by the Loftus Road PA announcer just before the end of the first half that no alcohol would be served to them at half-time.The news was met with a loud groan from the away end and chants of ‘you’re not drinking anymore’ from the locals which raised a seasonal festive laugh (well it had been a dull first 45).

More worrying was how the hell, despite vigorous searching by stewards ring fencing the stadia, did the 'bombs' get inside the ground ?
    Had a lot of complaints of our 'Away day' of unfair treatment again and fans from our recent visit to W. London including several female supporters have reported discriminatory stewarding tactics inside & outside of Loftus Road.http://www.followmeandleedsunited.co...-december-2017
    - so anyone at the game is welcome to add comment for my attention to forward on by pm on 'ere.
    Thank you.
    "More worrying was how the hell, despite vigorous searching by stewards ring fencing the stadia, did the 'bombs' get inside the ground"

Probably smuggled in by a lady..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)