+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: As Fans Are We a Rabble on Away Days ?

[QUOTE=alfinyalcabo;38730325]"More worrying was how the hell, despite vigorous searching by stewards ring fencing the stadia, did

I go to mainly away games these days and have done since we dropped to L1 a few years back.

I don’t think we are any worse than any other team in terms of away fans and in many respects much better. Assuming a small percentage of all fans are going to from time to behave idiotically as we tend to take significantly more people that most teams in raw numbers it is likely we may have more indviduals who can bahave badly but....

I have rarely seen massive trouble, when people behave stupidly often fellow Leeds fans intervene and calm things down. Also we are loud, blunt and northern so a lot of peeps don’t know how to take that or are not used to the noise. We tend to wear the passion for the club on our sleeves and that passion can be mistaken for something else.

Most home fans love the atmosphere we bring. A lot of scans of southern teams don’t like us as we are northerners and can’t understand everything being sung.

Most of all we are whether by birth or choice fully paid up members of the people’s republic of Yorkshire that means we scratch where it itches not where it looks good. Both my kids vividly remember their first games I took them to (different games and both away) for the wall of noise our fans made.

In my job I deal with the police a fair bit and most of them think our fans our fine,

So no Mrs O I don’t think our fans are a rabble I think almost without fail that they support the team magnificently and I suspect a lot of home fans secretly wish their support was even half as loud and passionate.

MOT

[QUOTE=hopelesslyoptimistic;38730490]
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    "More worrying was how the hell, despite vigorous searching by stewards ring fencing the stadia, did

I go to mainly away games these days and have done since we dropped to L1 a few years back.

I don’t think we are any worse than any other team in terms of away fans and in many respects much better. Assuming a small percentage of all fans are going to from time to behave idiotically as we tend to take significantly more people that most teams in raw numbers it is likely we may have more indviduals who can bahave badly but....

I have rarely seen massive trouble, when people behave stupidly often fellow Leeds fans intervene and calm things down. Also we are loud, blunt and northern so a lot of peeps don’t know how to take that or are not used to the noise. We tend to wear the passion for the club on our sleeves and that passion can be mistaken for something else.

Most home fans love the atmosphere we bring. A lot of scans of southern teams don’t like us as we are northerners and can’t understand everything being sung.

Most of all we are whether by birth or choice fully paid up members of the people’s republic of Yorkshire that means we scratch where it itches not where it looks good. Both my kids vividly remember their first games I took them to (different games and both away) for the wall of noise our fans made.

In my job I deal with the police a fair bit and most of them think our fans our fine,

So no Mrs O I don’t think our fans are a rabble I think almost without fail that they support the team magnificently and I suspect a lot of home fans secretly wish their support was even half as loud and passionate.

MOT
    A-f00king-men to that!

"More worrying was how the hell, despite vigorous searching by stewards ring fencing the stadia, did

MOT
    In my job I deal with the police a fair bit..

Do you help them with their enquiries ?

[QUOTE=alfinyalcabo;38730500]
    Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post

In my job I deal with the police a fair bit..

Do you help them with their enquiries ?
    I provide counselling services to Burnley’s finest to help them cope with PTSD issues arising from dealing with Dingles and attending Turf Moor ��������

.... and I know you prefer the Leeds forum to your own Alf but your question infers you forgot you are on this board and not the Burnleeeee one ...

[QUOTE=hopelesslyoptimistic;38730503]

I provide counselling services to Burnley’s finest to help them cope with PTSD issues arising from dealing with Dingles and attending Turf Moor ��������

PTSD..???.... Premier trending super Dingles ..

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    .... and I know you prefer the Leeds forum to your own Alf but your question infers you forgot you are on this board and not the Burnleeeee one ...
    Well,I do like the banter on here with you lads ..You're not a set of bad lads for Yawkies..

Seasons greetings Alf

Very strict guidelines on any Private Security Staff remit which was breached end of and QPR Health & Safety was poor also on the day.
    Seats sold didn't exist,entry points blocked,young 'uns standing on seats,a pregnant lady objected to security scanning wand being placed over her tummy ....... all effective communication was badly handled causing upset too -so a constructive letter will be sent rest assured pointing out matters.
    Three 'bombs' (blue yellow white albeit) smuggled into a London venue ?
    I love 'our atmosphere' generated & have no problem with intimidating smoking flares either but respect the fact some fans don't like 'em and in this day and age I have to accept such devices should not be allowed in sadly for obvious logical reason and realise that some fans need to be educated why.
    Jeez ......... getting out of France I undergo 10 searches & arriving in England only had 1 search (at Loftus Road) ......... frightening !

For balance I got a lovely response from a couple who attended the game with Leeds fan relatives (an elderly couple) who then went on later to the West End to see Motown the Musical were they enjoyed an alcoholic drink,got shown to their seat and received nothing but courtesy yet earlier they had been treated like ferrel scum,searched twice by probing security wands (the size of chainsaws) then pushed along to wrong seats,endured restricted views and no access to the overcrowded toilet blocks for themselves and budding Leeds fan grandchild.
    Bloody disgraceful,IMO.

https://www.bsia.co.uk/Portals/4/Pub...arches-cop.pdf

MOT
    Thank you for that response - our club,myself & FSF have noted it.

MOT

No worries Mrs O.

Think you spend a fair bit of time in London (I live and work there) and stewarding and policing tends to be harsher in the capital than elsewhere with crowds seem as a problem to be managed rather than as a group of people to be engaged with.

There is a group within the met police called the TSG (tactical support group) that tends to be involved in crowd management and which where there are reviews of police behaviour don’t always come out smelling of roses. I believe Large parts of the rest of the met refer to them as something else using the same initials and only group is the same.

Any analysis of stats beyond raw data I suspect tends not to happen. So if you have away fans of 300 and 10 cause trouble that is 10 trouble makers. If you have away fans of 6000 and 30 cause trouble then the analysis would be 30 trouble makers.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)