+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not too bad really

Yorkshire Post says it was a master class

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport...lass-1-8770611

Name:  IMG_1080.JPG
Views: 205
Size:  93.4 KB

We were happy to be there! Top marks for Pope Defour and Tarka. Wood was well shackled by their defence and maybe we should have started with Barnes alongside him. Greetings from Outwood and the Outwoodettes!
    Last edited by outwoodclaret; 25-09-2017 at 06:20 AM.

Nice photo Outwood!

What lovely girls Outwood, clearly take after their mum.

Only joking of course.

having read most of these over the last few days its now time to give my 2penth .they came and did to us what we do to others came for a draw but if we sneak a winner great but do not loose the game a point is a point in the div ..

at liverpool we praised our team for doing the same

guys its a hard div be very careful what you ask for give me mid table boring football for the next few season to build on what we have .i do take all points about it been slow i do feel the same the one thing i dont get is why can any player just run at them put them on the back foot this will e not what they expect but we have to mix it up

9pts from our games so far would have been nice to break into double figures but its about getting that gap between the bottom 3 nothing else the longer they are down there the more desperate they get and more confidence is broken .we have not been in the bottom 3 since we came up last season

while its not perfect it is very good to get points on the board early .and i am sick of listening to every pundit say this team and that team had a tough start for the love of god look at ours but we got points that no one expected us to so let build on it and move forward
    that is my opinion only

Valid opinion it is too limey61!

The best form of defence is to attack --so they say -- whoever 'they' are.
    If you have players of the calibre of David Silva, DeBruyne, Kante, Willian, Pogba, Mata, Eriksen, Alli etc. then this is probably a very good maxim, however, we do not have any players anywhere near this standard, therefore, the best form of defence is to build a solid defence and then try to progress from there.
    Unfortunately, we live in an instant society and fans expect that progress should be instant, particularly those who play football management games on computers where you can transfer players without any problems of fit or personality and no agents involved.
    I would say that, with the resources we have, we are still very much a work in progress and staying up would still be a big achievement once again.
    For what it's worth, successful teams in the past have been built on a solid defensive unit and this is still the way forward unless you can guarantee plenty of goals every week, hence the need for the basic system to work and to keep tweaking things to try to improve. Patience is needed, unfortunately, there are a number of fans who expect the instant fix which isn't possible.

Good posts from Limey61 and SS6, they get agreement from me.

Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    The best form of defence is to attack --so they say -- whoever 'they' are.
    You can be sure of succeeding in your attacks if you only attack places which are undefended.

You can ensure the safety of your defense if you only hold positions that cannot be attacked.

Hence that general is skillful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skillful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack.

Sun Tzu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)