+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not too bad really

Not too bad really

When you check the other results today, only City and Everton won their home games, WHU, Southampton, Stoke, Swansea and Leicester all lost at home, so that point we picked up today is looking quite useful.

Similar story in the Championship, only Leeds, Wolves and Villa won their home games. I think fortresses must be going out of fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    When you check the other results today, only City and Everton won their home games, WHU, Southampton, Stoke, Swansea and Leicester all lost at home, so that point we picked up today is looking quite useful.

Similar story in the Championship, only Leeds, Wolves and Villa won their home games. I think fortresses must be going out of fashion.
    Nothing wrong with your evaluation as compared to the overall league situation.

But worrying times are there.

Lowton does not provide enough going forward; fails to cross or takes too long in his decision making losing us the opportunity to attack with intent down the right wing.

As a result we are left wing attack orientated which gives the opposition defenders plenty of time to adjust to this tactic.

Cork, who I like, really did have a bad game and lost the ball or gave it up a fair number of times.

The Barnes/Wood partnership, although only on for 20 mins failed.

Not enough shots on goal; not enough craft around the last third.

Only Arfield shone bright in attack.

Wood is ok but needs support. He is not a player who can hold the ball up waiting for help. Vokes is much better at that.

Although the midfield was generally serviceable it didn't really threaten.

We had enough free kicks to have got something on target but too often fell for the offside trap.

Its probably going to be a long season.

Funny bloody game is football.

Dyche has sorted out the woeful away form but lost the impregnable "Fortress Turf Moor" tag.

Still, I would have settled for just the one defeat in our first six games in August.

They have conceded three goals in 6 games, two in the loss at West Ham, so they have a resolute defence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Funny bloody game is football.

Dyche has sorted out the woeful away form but lost the impregnable "Fortress Turf Moor" tag.

Still, I would have settled for just the one defeat in our first six games in August.
    We have conceded 1 goal at home in three league games. Sounds like it's still a fortress to me, it's just our cannon fire is in need of invigoration. The next two home games will be crucial with West Ham and Newcastle coming to entertain. We need to beat these clubs and get / keep them below us. Bilic is under presssure again and if they lose to Swansea his coat will be on a shaky nail.

Only two clubs outside the top six have scored more than us, Arsenal 7 and Leicester 9

Huddersfield have yet to play a top 6 side but have three in the next four. Spurs at home first.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 24-09-2017 at 07:33 AM.

I was very concerned when I realised Tom would be out for months. Whilst Pope isn't Heaton, he has only let one league goal so far. Let's hope Pope can keep it up.

Given D4 is our best player, should he be playing in a more advanced position, or would that just starve him of the ball?

I can concur with most of the deficiencies pointed out above, just to add to them, it worries me that Iceland has been so ineffective that he's already lost his place to Arfield, that's not progress, that's regression. But while we have problems, and some of them are worrying, it's all relative, and it's clear that many teams in this league have just as many and often more worrying problems than us.

And as long as at least three teams have more worrying problems than us, we'll be fine, and a quick glance at the league shows there's a lot more than just three with something to worry about. In reality, for the moment we just have minor niggles compared to some of the rest. So not too much to worry about yet imo.

Gudmundsson regrettably, does not look fit for purpose for the EPL.

we just have minor niggles compared to some of the rest

Glad we don't have Roy and Steve creating more records.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)