+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotherham(home)predictions

Rotherham(home)predictions

An improved performance is needed
    I still think we will amble through in front of a 10k ewood all moaning
    1-1 draw at best

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    An improved performance is needed
    I still think we will amble through in front of a 10k ewood all moaning
    1-1 draw at best
    I think we might do better against a team like Rotherham which seems intent on attack. I'd give Whittingham a go here.
    3-1 to Rovers.
    I'm going to pay "iFollow" to watch this game. I hope it's worth it!

Its a lottery,depends on Jekyl or Hide.. Which ever Rovers team turns up on the day. 2-1 to keep you in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit View Post
    Its a lottery,depends on Jekyl or Hide.. Which ever Rovers team turns up on the day. 2-1 to keep you in the mix.

I really wanted to respond to your 'unacceptable' thread Robin. But alas, after 3 attempts I simply couldn't bare it anymore so sacked it off. I would post more, but its a painful experience.
    You made some good points, I was going to back up some of the things you mentioned.
    I don't believe we will see much of Graham in a Rovers shirt again. He is an absolute disgrace, another woeful non-display. Pathetic. I had been on side with Ward, but the fans are on his back. Its not helpful. So maybe drop him for the lad we got from MK Dons. He is adequate. I would not be playing Dack out wide, that's not his most effective area. he HAS to play the no.10 role. That's why we signed him. Samuel hasn't scored for a while, maybe time to drop him. But Graham is a no go. Personally I would play Nuttall. He is raw, scores tonnes of goals, and I think he's ready. We will never find that out if we don't play him. Rotherham are ****e away (like us at home) so I'd play him tonight, maybe give him a few games, lets see what he can do. And our match-winner, the guy who means the oppositions winger has to come back and defend (as all teams a **** scared of him) aswell as the fullback. Play Chapman!!! Conway doesn't beat anyone, Bennett is too obvious, and isn't contributing. We under played Mahoney, lets not do the same with the lad who will win us games. Play him.

Re this home thing. Your are correct Robin. Its too easy to blame Mowbray and the players. Away from home, the fans who turn up support us first. If ....and its a BIG IF ...we play shocking, the they will say something. But mostly the away fans are the genuine fans, there to support the club, players and manager. Its very easy to see whats wrong at home. A 32k stadium not even nearly half full. The majority who go, simply go to moan (and say crap like 'its the worst performance in 60 years!!! ....every time we lose a game) and they get on the players backs almost straight from kick-off. we don't need those fans, they aren't actually fans! They just go and moan, for no real reason. I say they should just not go. piss off and stay at home, or go and watch Bolton or whoever. This bemoaning Ward every week is just not right. And these local moaning pricks mean that home games are awful. We will pick up more points away. As we take great numbers, and support us. At home the vast majority are sat waiting for that first mistake to start moaning. It will affect our chances of going up, so I hope they just stay away.

Phew, you must feel better getting that off your chest Champs 😖
    But yes you're right, they are a real asset to the opposition and therefore totally devoid of the nous to know it !
    I've been pondering this home vs away support 'base'. An it seems to me the away contingent see Ewood representative as Venkys spoils and just can't stomach it.
    Whereas away it's them supporting the actual team.
    Been away from this for quite a while as I'm away full stop. But I haven't stopped following my Blues in spirit.

A big YES
    Finally we have a performance at home apparently we should of won by a landslide but a win and a clean sheet and with the exception of Shrewsbury points dropped around us.

How did we not win that by a bigger margin? No doubt the four or five clear-cut missed chances will be down to Mowbray's poor management according to some of the LET zombies! (How come coaches/managers AREN'T blamed when a cricketer drops a straightforward catch? Same logic!)
    A very good performance, though. I did think the last 15 minutes would have been ideal for Graham, actually. He might be galvanised by a goal, and I suspect he would have converted at least one of those golden opportunities,
    Very good day for Lancashire, generally, in League One.

Frustrating site to post on,posts just "disappear",hence my always late contribution.

Good performance last night against a bang-average League 1 team. Great movement from the front 4,maybe something they have been working on in training? Downing clealy more comfortable with his feet than Ward when clearing the ball,bur Ward stronger in the air?
    The fitness levels looked better,getting near to 10 games into a season.

FWIW a massive improvement performance-wise on the early part of last season where with apparently the 10th largest wage-bill in the division we played some of the worst football Ive seen in (nearly)60 years. Yes indeed.Along with many others,I called for Coyles early departure. Anyway,enough on treading over old ground.

Final footnote,Bennett & Conway(when fit) keep their places mainly for theit defensive work-rate protecting our very vulnerable full-backs-thats my take from Mowbrays comments in the Telegraph-responding to why Chapman doesnt start. I have no problem with defensive stability whether its under Lambert or Mowbray. Maybe not exactly Barzagli,Bonucchi & Chiellini and no its not entertaining but results are the bottom line.

Yes Bob alot better than the tripe served up recently my one concern is not the using of Chapman until late on but the use of players out of position in that role
    In my view if you have a winger available play him not a forward or central midfielder instead in that role.

Good to see some new posters on here !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)