+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings Summary Table

Match Ratings Summary Table

Having been given a bit of a roasting yesterday for my Match Ratings, I thought I'd waste an hour composing a Summary table of those that expressed an opinion on the thread yesterday:

In order of those that posted, Tarkers, ComeOnYouStylish, Optipez, BFP and Slack

Collin 7.5 6.5 7 7 7

Toots 8 7.5 7.5 8 8

Duffy 7.5 6.5 7 6 7

Brisley 7.5 7 7 6 7

Jones 8 6.5 7 5 7

Grant 8 7 7 8 8

Yates 8 7 7 7 8.5

Milsom 7.5 7 7.5 7 7

Hawk 8 7.5 7 9 7

Stead 7 7.5 8 8 8

Forte 8 6.5 7 8 7

Dicko 7.5 6.5 6.5

Hewitt 7.5 6.5 6.5

Conclusion -

Defence - I appear to have rated our back 5 TOO highly (apart from Toots)......I admit they had a dodgy first 20 minutes but after the sending-off were they ever tested again?

Midfield - We broadly agree. The only major difference is that both BFP and myself gave Hawk, MOM, and higher marks

Attack - This appears to be the main argument. I dislike Stead's "Stick-insect on ice" routine and "oh ref, he pushed me again", yet I still gave him a 7 (the max was three 8s).....plus I also rate Forte's work-rate and application running the channels and gave him an 8 compared to an average 7.25

Edit - There were spaces between the scores, for easier viewing, when I typed this.......the site has compressed it....grrrr
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 24-09-2017 at 11:00 AM.

That’s why I do the ……. in the betting table. The forum doesn’t like spaces.

At the end of the day Tarkers, the match ratings are a personal opinion. I bet if you waited till everyone had posted their ratings, took an average and then posted these as you ratings, you'd still get people having a go.

Most scorers are within a point of each other most of the time. It takes a lot to get a nine and you have to be poor to get a five.
    You were unreasonably rounded on a couple of weeks ago, I disagreed with you, but some took pleasure from a bit of low level online bullying. This is a shame, if posters get hounded out, the board dies and it's far easier to slag someone off than nail your colours to the mast and put your scores up, and leave yourself open to a bit of ridicule.The

I put the scores up for the benefit of those like you who can't make it as I always like to read others scores from matches I can get to. Not just the scores but a little critique of each player.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Most scorers are within a point of each other most of the time. It takes a lot to get a nine and you have to be poor to get a five.
    You were unreasonably rounded on a couple of weeks ago, I disagreed with you, but some took pleasure from a bit of low level online bullying. This is a shame, if posters get hounded out, the board dies and it's far easier to slag someone off than nail your colours to the mast and put your scores up, and leave yourself open to a bit of ridicule.The

I put the scores up for the benefit of those like you who can't make it as I always like to read others scores from matches I can get to. Not just the scores but a little critique of each player.
    Spot on, these threads are based entirely on opinion so there is no real right and wrong. They give those who couldn't attend a bit of an insight, so the more contributions the bigger the picture.

Didn't want to start a new fred for this, but what on earth was the ridiculous goal celebration routine after our second goal?

Great result, good to be on top, etc., etc., but wtf was that meant to be???

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Didn't want to start a new fred for this, but what on earth was the ridiculous goal celebration routine after our second goal?

Leigh Curtis in the Nottingham Post said: “Matt Tootle’s slug celebration is the most daftest you’ll see in football but it’s also the funniest. There’s something incredibly amusing watching him inch along the floor. But he deserved his moment for a quite terrific strike.”

Personally I’m not so impressed but hope to see it on many more occasions this season, because it will mean he’s just scored!

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post

That was the (almost) World Famous Matt Tootle 'Slug' celebration. First seen in the pre-season friendly at Hucknall, he vowed to repeat it next time he scored. I seem to remember an interview where he explained the origin, but I can't remember what it was.

My lad did it this morning when he scored in his game.

Does need a bit of practice though....

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That was the (almost) World Famous Matt Tootle 'Slug' celebration. First seen in the pre-season friendly at Hucknall, he vowed to repeat it next time he scored. I seem to remember an interview where he explained the origin, but I can't remember what it was.
    Something to do with a pre season Karaoke session I think I heard . I certainly wouldn't recommend park players doing it where dogs are walked !

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Something to do with a pre season Karaoke session I think I heard . I certainly wouldn't recommend park players doing it where dogs are walked !
    According to an earlier interview, Toots had seen it online and decided to try and copy it during a Notts "bonding session"....they thought it was hilarious, and dared him to do it at ML......he scored, and that was the end result.......if you watched the highlights, everyone backs off to see if it is as good as he promised......it was errrrrr, ......interesting......cracking goal though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast