+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Fearing Promotion?

Anyone Fearing Promotion?

Have you had the conversation yet with another Miller hopng that if we go up we'll struggle and be in the same position as last season?

It is scary to think that if we continue to steam roller sides as we've done this season that we'll actually get promoted. It's not what the most of us expected so a large slice of credit must go into every department of the club.
    I do however fear promotiion. It'll be great to watch as was the last one under Evans but it'll not have the same feeling.

What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Have you had the conversation yet with another Miller hopng that if we go up we'll struggle and be in the same position as last season?

It is scary to think that if we continue to steam roller sides as we've done this season that we'll actually get promoted. It's not what the most of us expected so a large slice of credit must go into every department of the club.
    I do however fear promotiion. It'll be great to watch as was the last one under Evans but it'll not have the same feeling.

What are your thoughts?
    Good question, we all know the struggles that we've had in the championship and i feel the fear, but we have to look forward, that's what football's all about isn't it? trying to be the best you possibly can be....but isn't it nice to win a few games and be happy going out on a satdy neet!

Just enjoying winning again Frog.

If we go up it’s back to a struggle again it’s nobody’s fault just pure finances.
    I’ll take it all day long no point going if your not wanting us to win.

What's the point in playing if you don't want to finish top 2?
    If football was played over 52 week. Every weekend and there was no end of season. There wouldn't be a target/goal to aim for. The target of promotion is what it's all about.

Tbf it depends what you go to the games to see. If you want the Millers to steamroller teams game in game out then league 1/2 is where the fun is. If you want to see great football with the uncertainty of the results then championship is the place...
    Even though last season was forgettable games like the comeback Vs Derby and away days at mk Dons were better than anything we have seen so far this season. Infact only recent league one game that has memory's are the playoffs Vs Preston

I was talking to a Stockport County fan recently and he described us as a "Championship/Dvision One yo-yo team" - which is possibly slightly generous, but if true a better general status than we have had since the 1950/60s. I'd love us to get promotion again, even though five goal victories would be likely to be rare at Championship level. Although we mainly struggled in our previous three seasons in tier two, there were still some great victories eg against Pigs, Leeds, etc

Yes Tony Stewart's bank manager must be bricking it.

If everyone has forgotten last seasons. Misery, anger, in - fighting and abuse of players, staff and board, i haven't. If we go up, nothing will change.
    This is is our level, and it wouldn't bother me if we never went up again.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    If everyone has forgotten last seasons. Misery, anger, in - fighting and abuse of players, staff and board, i haven't. If we go up, nothing will change.
    This is is our level, and it wouldn't bother me if we never went up again.
    What a crazy statement.

why the hell would folk part with their hard earned cash just to watch us wallow in the lower leagues?

Is football not all about winning?

IF we did get promoted we would need a defensive coach and spend all our money on champiionship quality defenders to give us a chance.

Didn't witness much winning last season. Just lots of miserable folk, slagging each other off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast