+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Take A Knee

Take A Knee

I'm no NFL fan, but consensus of expert opinion seems that this Kapaernick dude is simply not too standard for a starter. All the point scoring now and trying to make a race issue out of an ability issue is ridiculous. The US is split and I don't blame the Trump for all of this. Whats going on?

I don't know what they're complaining about. Black American football players have more money than 99.99999% of people in the whole of human history. Being black in America worked out great for them, they don't know how lucky they are. If they hate America so much, why don't they go and live in some black African country, see how much they like it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I don't know what they're complaining about. Black American football players have more money than 99.99999% of people in the whole of human history. Being black in America worked out great for them, they don't know how lucky they are. If they hate America so much, why don't they go and live in some black African country, see how much they like it there.
    Aye how about they try and shine shoes on the streets of Luanda

Or break their bones so the heal deformed to get money on the streets.

Or how about they live off the equivalent of a dollar a day like a massive percentage of Angolans

How much is this boy made in his career?

Also his bird called the Baltimore Ravens owner who was trying to sign him a "slave owner". That's never going to help.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 24-09-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Singing the national anthem before sporting events is just weird. Getting professional athletes to line up for a sing song before their work isn't right & the folk that join in are wrong 'uns

Too obvious. Turn it down a notch & you might get a better result

The race issue in America is highly complex. In some ways more complex that it was 50 years ago. No question there's far less prejudice now but African Americans are, in material terms, worse off now than they were back then. But that's a whole other debate.

I don't think that race relations are served by polarising gestures by rich entertainers. I stopped watching the Academy Awards a long time ago but I definitely won't be tuning in after the farce of the last few years. Will Smith complaining about racism? Give me a break. The entertainment industry is one area in which AAs are disproportionately successful.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    The race issue in America is highly complex. In some ways more complex that it was 50 years ago. No question there's far less prejudice now but African Americans are, in material terms, worse off now than they were back then. But that's a whole other debate.

I don't think that race relations are served by polarising gestures by rich entertainers. I stopped watching the Academy Awards a long time ago but I definitely won't be tuning in after the farce of the last few years. Will Smith complaining about racism? Give me a break. The entertainment industry is one area in which AAs are disproportionately successful.
    Is that the same will smith that not too long ago was the highest paid actor in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    I'm no NFL fan, but consensus of expert opinion seems that this Kapaernick dude is simply not too standard for a starter. All the point scoring now and trying to make a race issue out of an ability issue is ridiculous. The US is split and I don't blame the Trump for all of this. Whats going on?
    Bit more complicated than that.

Kapearnick originally "took a knee" during the anthem last season when he was with the 49ers.

It was done, broadly, in support of the "black lives matter" thing that started in response to black folk getting shot with impunity by cops.

He then got cut aby the 9ers and no other team has picked him up.
    Now, ability wise, he's kind of a niche QB, a rushing QB rather than a pocket passer, but loads worse QBs than him have been picked up as back ups at least.
    Seems to be owners and GMs don't want the hassle.
    Since Rapey McTrumpface became president there's been a huge increase in racial tension, there was the carry on in Williemsburg when Nazis marched, there was violence, a protester was killed by a nazi driving his car into her.

Rapey goes that there was issues with "both sides".

NFL wise, a load of players have joined Kap in taking a knee and it's become a thing.

Then there was the Michael Bennett incident (which shows that no matter how minted and famous you are the Sceptic Dibble will still get the hardware out on you pretty quick) and the taking a knee grew and grew.

This week Rapey was making a speech in Alabama to some of his fan base, who are "Christian patriots" by and large (in that uniquely 'Murican way that has little to do with Christianity or Patriotism).

He gave a wee rant about how these sons of bitches who didn't stand for the anthem should be fired.

Of course his window licking supporters lapped it up, but more broadly the sh!t has hit the fan.

Nah, you need mair subtle bait chief.

Less overt Alf Garnett and you might get a bite or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Aye how about they try and shine shoes on the streets of Luanda

Or break their bones so the heal deformed to get money on the streets.

Or how about they live off the equivalent of a dollar a day like a massive percentage of Angolans

How much is this boy made in his career?

Also his bird called the Baltimore Ravens owner who was trying to sign him a "slave owner". That's never going to help.
    Bit close to "back where they game from" there Pac.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast