+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alan Martin

Alan Martin

Have just watched first half. From seemingly cruise control , our keeper somehow let's one slip by him , going down like 'The Dog and Ducks' regular goalie . To think we let go Robinson and Atkinson for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Have just watched first half. From seemingly cruise control , our keeper somehow let's one slip by him , going down like 'The Dog and Ducks' regular goalie . To think we let go Robinson and Atkinson for this guy.

The titanic went down quicker the Martin for the first goal . He doesn’t look anywhere fit

Why is Leighfield not playing when Martin is clearly unfit. How slow was he reacting to that first goal?

How many times over the years have we looked comfortable starting a game and then concede a goal with opponents first attack ? There must be numerous occasions and today was another to add to the list . Call it unprofessionalimay, call it poor play , it just seems to keep repeating itself. Today I'll just call it a fat goalkeeper.

Still carrying an injury, generally unfit or just not good enough?Methinks it could be the latter!

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    How many times over the years have we looked comfortable starting a game and then concede a goal with opponents first attack ? There must be numerous occasions and today was another to add to the list . Call it unprofessionalimay, call it poor play , it just seems to keep repeating itself. Today I'll just call it a fat goalkeeper.
    Is our goalkeeper a relation of Steve Martin ? - as they are both comedians - to think Alan was allegedly the best goalie in the Championship last season beggars belief !

As he showed last season Martin is a decent keeper and I Can only think he's carrying an injury.
    I don't think leighfield is ready to play regular first team football so think it would be unfair on him to do so.
    What I am aware of is that Martin has had 3 payoffs from previous clubs and with a 2 year deal at queen's may well be on the way to another.
    Nayidea has made a bit of a hash of the signings he has brought in with only half of them starting maybe he too will be gone before or soon after Santa's been

Quote Originally Posted by newby View Post
    I don't think leighfield is ready to play regular first team football so think it would be unfair on him to do so.
    Shame we let Atkinson go.

Strange one that

Leighfield played relatively well at Livingston. A penalty conceded by Rankin and not to blame for Livi's second goal. Had a few decent saves too. I would have him back in next Saturday in the Highlands.

Look on the bright side, you could be a Bairns supporter. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)