+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back to reality

Let's not detract for the mindset of avoiding relegation as our first goal.
    That being the case, we can say we are well on course.

Let's not start to think too far ahead in the points department because of a few wins on the bounce and ALMOST expecting to to look at the fixture list as some kind of easy, early, path, because we are obviously going to drop quite a few points all through the entire season, including those games.

i think the last few games and especially lascelles goals papered over a few cracks

joselwho has a great work ethic and some fans love that
    he plays with passion and some fans love that
    but he is our forward and will not score enough goals to warrant playing just one goal scorer and added to that ashlys negativity with only playing one forward we are going to struggle

josewho would be great with gayle beside him as he does all the work gayle stays in the box and scores

but rafa wont play like that

we wont go down there are 3 worse sides than us in this league (just0

and we will need a goal scorer in the next window

the reason we went down under rafa was we were not attacking enough and didnt score enough goals when we needed to
    we were in a relegation fight and we played defensivly

it didnt work then and it wont now
    but we will stay up just

we were on top most of the game yesterday
    but at any point did i think we were comfortable or would win

we huffed but didnt threaten all that much for the possesion we had

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    i think the last few games and especially lascelles goals papered over a few cracks

joselwho has a great work ethic and some fans love that
    he plays with passion and some fans love that
    but he is our forward and will not score enough goals to warrant playing just one goal scorer and added to that ashlys negativity with only playing one forward we are going to struggle

josewho would be great with gayle beside him as he does all the work gayle stays in the box and scores

but rafa wont play like that

we wont go down there are 3 worse sides than us in this league (just0

and we will need a goal scorer in the next window

the reason we went down under rafa was we were not attacking enough and didnt score enough goals when we needed to
    we were in a relegation fight and we played defensivly

it didnt work then and it wont now
    but we will stay up just

we were on top most of the game yesterday
    but at any point did i think we were comfortable or would win

we huffed but didnt threaten all that much for the possesion we had
    The reason we went down under Rafa is that we were too far gone under chat managers before Rafa came.

I keep on repeating Rafa's record for the last and only eight games we had under him in the relegation year was only one loss. In that period we scored 15 goals. Hardly relegation form as had we averaged that over the season under the other numpties we would have finished mid table.

Shame there are some who can't work this out.

Though I know two strikers can seem outdated tactically and furthermore be slightly dangerous if you're a newly-promoted side, but the problem with the current formation is that the player behind the striker is essential if the system is to work. And we have no half-decent players for that particular position.

Occasionally Perez comes up with a decent display, but overall he's just not suited for that position (I'm struggling to see just what position he is suited for altogether). Diamé is simply a flop as far as I'm concerned, not good enough I'm afraid.

Bottom line; I would like to see a 4-4-2 formation at some point. That's unless Perez starts picking up form or we bring in a proven and good central attacking midfielder in January.

It's a shame de Jong didn't get the chance-he'd looked good in pre-season, hadn't he?

Perez is a strange one-two and a half really decent games but yesterday back to what we've seen the most from him...when he's shit, he's really shit.

Yes - it baffles me that we didn't replace De Jong or give him another go (yeah yeah the market is crazy blah blah).

I know he's made of glass, but if we're gonna play in our current formation he would easily be the best shout for that position behind the striker.

Perez i think would benefit from time on the sidelines.

Has Diame even played this season in the league?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)