+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to reality

Back to reality

its great we got 3 wins, but we were always going to be in a relegation fight. Next week is a right off but we got Southampton, Palace and Burnley after that. We are not down yet

I think we will pick up enough points to hover around mid table - between 7th and 15th hopefuly
    keeping out of danger and just steadily improving as a team and individually

but it's a long trip home on the bus.... the troops will be knackered on their return - early mornings late nights and too much drink ... hmmmm

Liverpool are great going forward but poor at the back. Long trip to Moscow as well. If we get at them I think we can get something. I'm surprised Liverpool and Manure are playing in Moscow Tuesday and Wednesday. Yes its massive but they'll all be looking for Irish pubs!

I think we can win against any team. We're not going to obviously but against Liverpool I'll be on my toes to see what Rafa and the players come up with. We might lose. We might just surprise them. No NUFC game's outcome is easily predicted this season IMO

Huddersfield, Brighton, Swansea - all tight and 1-0. If we keep the performance levels up we should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I think we can win against any team. We're not going to obviously but against Liverpool I'll be on my toes to see what Rafa and the players come up with. We might lose. We might just surprise them. No NUFC game's outcome is easily predicted this season IMO
    I'm inclined to agree with you on the above Hughie.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Aye.

This, we will certainly lose lots of games this season however we also have it in our locker to win games we're "not supposed to".

It might actually suit us next week that we can defend and counter.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    its great we got 3 wins, but we were always going to be in a relegation fight. Next week is a right off but we got Southampton, Palace and Burnley after that. We are not down yet
    Relegation fight, Liverpool a write off ?? FFS, these doom and gloom merchants just do my head in. I wouldn't want you to be captain of my team !

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Relegation fight, Liverpool a write off ?? FFS, these doom and gloom merchants just do my head in. I wouldn't want you to be captain of my team !
    It needs to be looked at over the period of a season. We could beat any team on our day and we could also lose to any team on the day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)