+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alternative View from a Nottingham Imp

Quote Originally Posted by The Groundhopper View Post
    Alternative view of yesterday's game from Nottingham Imp.

https://stickypalms.blogspot.co.uk/2...coln-city.html

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers

A brilliant assessment of the game, Good luck for the rest of the season...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Good read apart from putting from as MOM haha
    Its a matter of opinion. We look a better side with him in it.....Than having 2 players with no pace....

Quote Originally Posted by DannyNotts View Post
    Forte was deffo up there and has been for the last few weeks. Causes the defenders no end of problems with his pace and we look far more dangerous with him in the side. Should've had a peno and grafted his bollox off
    Totally agree...and we've also started to "mix up" the kicking from Collin.....some are hard-n-high to Stead/Shola but I've noticed quite a few now, low and angled into the corners for Forte to chase...flatter trajectory.....same from some of the clearances from the defence and midfield

It's working better because I think we were too predictable with the big-boot down the middle....it gives defenders something else to think about

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Totally agree...and we've also started to "mix up" the kicking from Collin.....some are hard-n-high to Stead/Shola but I've noticed quite a few now, low and angled into the corners for Forte to chase...flatter trajectory.....same from some of the clearances from the defence and midfield

It's working better because I think we were too predictable with the big-boot down the middle....it gives defenders something else to think about
    Thanks for all the feedback. It was a good game to watch. The Knott sending off spurred Notts on. Tough one to take seeing Terry Hawkridge finish us off. He was a steal from Lincoln, who have replaced him with a kid on loan from Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by The Groundhopper View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback. It was a good game to watch. The Knott sending off spurred Notts on. Tough one to take seeing Terry Hawkridge finish us off. He was a steal from Lincoln, who have replaced him with a kid on loan from Burnley.
    He did well not to celebrate the goal, he didn't want to upset the Lincoln fans after having such a terrific season with them last season.....he felt it was disrespectful, according to the post-match interview

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Its a matter of opinion. We look a better side with him in it.....Than having 2 players with no pace....
    I agree we do look a better side with Forte in the team but he was nowhere near MOM.

Tootle, Brisley, Hawkridge, Yates, Grant and Stead all performed better

Good read as always, cheers for sharing with us lot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12