+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Fitba Books

Quite a few Third Lanark books on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Pointless by Jeff Connor about East Stirling a really good read and very funny in parts. It also reinforced my extreme dislike of Gretna and all that garbage about it being a fairy tale club.
    Bought, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Don View Post
    Read the Eddie Turnbull autobiography a few years back and quite enjoyed it, particularly the Aberdeen stuff - obviously.
    It was quite interesting to learn about Hibs plans for world domination though, particularly around the famous 5 era. Pretty sure they were planning on something like a 70,000 capacity for Easter Road at one point. Mental!!
    Bought cheers

Agree with Donsdaft Archie's books nae bad

Pointless is guid

Bill McAlilster's History Of The Heilan Liga if you can still get a copy probably over 50 notes and long oot of print

A Season In Hell is right up yer boulevard as its aboot a lad who goes everywhere every Saturday in Skotlund quite witty at that time I was at uni in Febshire so made it north to such megadomes as Recreation Park, Firs Park (now gone), Cliftonhill mair like Cliftonhell and Shielfield by a lad Bennie I think came oot in 1997 worth hunting down

Aye Eddie's book is a guid read as well

Eddie F**king Turnbull as SOS used to always refer to him

Quote Originally Posted by vasilyrats86 View Post

Bill McAlilster's History Of The Heilan Liga if you can still get a copy probably over 50 notes and long oot of print
    Worth it

Hunting Grounds by Gary Sutherlands good to. I remember his description of Caley Thistles badge making me crack up

Quote Originally Posted by vasilyrats86 View Post

Pointless is guid

A Season In Hell is right up yer boulevard as its aboot a lad who goes everywhere every Saturday in Skotlund quite witty at that time I was at uni in Febshire so made it north to such megadomes as Recreation Park, Firs Park (now gone), Cliftonhill mair like Cliftonhell and Shielfield by a lad Bennie I think came oot in 1997 worth hunting down
    A former poster on this here creaking outlet, who was domiciled in Edinburgh, told me that his dad came off night shift and took the dog for a walk before he went for a sleep.

In his local park, Hibs were training, and he stood beside a wee elderly mannie, in bunnet and raincoat taking an interest. Former poster's dad, having been a Dons fan shifted to the capital for work, recongnised him as Eddie Turnbull.

He asked if he was correct in his identification and Turnbull acknowledged him and was graceful in accepting ex-poster's dad's gratitude for the great times we enjoyed at Pittodrie from 65-71.

"Thank you very much son", Mr Turbull responded, and then, pointing to the squad sweating it out under the tutelage of some no-mark loser coach, heasked, "What do you think of that bunch of useless cnuts over there?"

I spent an afternoon interviewing Eddie Turnbull in the Barnton Hotel in January 1997, and it was about the three best hours of my life.

The book I mentioned last week is in from the printers, and should be available from the AFC Heritage Trust this week. Signed copies should be available from Friday, according to the author.

Fraser Clyne has this on offer .

https://www.amazon.com/Fraser-Clyne/e/B00698V5EC

The Roar of the Crowd: Following Scottish Football Down the Years
    by David Ross
    Good read with interesting pieces of football history. No weegie OF agenda.
    http://amzn.eu/b6qZOEt

There should be an announcement about the new AFC Heritage Trust publication this week, I was told this afternoon.

If you like fitba books with proper non-cliched humour, Harry Pearson's The Far Corner is about the best going, especially his tussles with the boy in his local corner shop.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...The_Far_Corner

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast