+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Fitba Books

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I'll buy it as a completist, but he's hated at Pittodrie for being a back-biting **** who never hesitated to put the boot into us, like those other ****ers Scott Davie and Bill Leckie.
    Never knew that

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Leckie and Davie are, of course, scum.
    Leckies book on Scottish football was alright. Obviously he’s a Dons hating sh1tehawk but he’s no fan of the OF either. In the tiny world of Scottish football journalism, that’s to be applauded

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Leckies book on Scottish football was alright. Obviously he’s a Dons hating sh1tehawk but he’s no fan of the OF either. In the tiny world of Scottish football journalism, that’s to be applauded
    I read Leckies book while attempting to get to Schehallion a few years back around christmas time as i got it for christmas (failed to get there). It was not a typical sycophantic mould firm love in

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Coony did?

Never knew that.

He has an interesting take on Mark McGhee.
    I believe that he and the manager before our current one were good friends and this has cooled considerably since that individual parked his arse in the (cliché time) Pittodrie hot seat.

I believe that he and the manager before our current one were good friends and this has cooled considerably since that individual parked his arse in the (cliché time) Pittodrie hot seat.
    Ah, Hokay.

The ByTheMinute crew had Cooney on their most recent podcast, decent listen......the boy's sank a few in his day by the sounds.

Being the completest Vintage have you got Pac Jnrs favourite book in the collection

Anyway away to start Eddie Turnbull today

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Being the completest Vintage have you got Pac Jnrs favourite book in the collection

Anyway away to start Eddie Turnbull today
    No, I've given that a miss.

I bought the Cooney book on Saturday and read it on Saturday night.

Interesting, but for a boy who was a writer, sub and editor, and for it to be professionally printed by Luath, it's riddled with errors and some howlers of sub-editing gaffes. It got ****ing annoying reading that Ebbe transferred Eoin Jess to Coventry and that Ally Shewan came from 'Cummingston', and seeing sub's comments like "Dons' not Dons" left in, making a mockery of the sentence of which they were part. That's fanzine oir forum stuff, nae what should be expected from a book that people will put on their shelves at the cost of 15 quid.

Numbers On The Front (the Washington Whips book) seems now to have been delivered in erm...numbers to allow copies to be had freely, but nae free, of course.

http://www.afcheritage.org/news/news...stype=Heritage

No, I've given that a miss.

I bought the Cooney book on Saturday and read it on Saturday night.

Interesting, but for a boy who was a writer, sub and editor, and for it to be professionally printed by Luath, it's riddled with errors and some howlers of sub-editing gaffes. It got ****ing annoying reading that Ebbe transferred Eoin Jess to Coventry and that Ally Shewan came from 'Cummingston', and seeing sub's comments like "Dons' not Dons" left in, making a mockery of the sentence of which they were part. That's fanzine oir forum stuff, nae what should be expected from a book that people will put on their shelves at the cost of 15 quid.

Numbers On The Front (the Washington Whips book) seems now to have been delivered in erm...numbers to allow copies to be had freely, but nae free, of course.

http://www.afcheritage.org/news/news...stype=Heritage
    Call yourself a completest

Ill get my ma to get me "Numbers on the Front" for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I got a Bryan Cooney book thats new out. "Stand By Your Reds"
    Just got that for my birthday. Away to Siberia next week, I’ll give it a read then.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast