+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joselu

Quote Originally Posted by occult View Post
    Ghostrider suggested that Joselu might have got 4 goals in his last two games. Perhaps after the Liverpool game he might have got, what, say 6 or 7. He could turn out to be the top premiership might-have-been goal-scorer at the end of the season which would do wonders for NUFC's might-have-been league position and might-have-been goal difference. He could become a legend...' did you see the goal he nearly scored against Liverpool...yeah, even better than the goal he nearly scored against Stoke.' But seriously I agree that he works his socks off and does some good things on the pitch but a striker who doesn't score is as useful as a TV with no picture or a car that doesn't move. I agree that Gayle should be regarded as our top striker because he has scored real goals. Of course, Joselu might start scoring ..the trouble is these defenders and goalkeepers keep getting in the way.
    This is why Joselu and Gayle should play..Never happen though cos Raffas too stuborn but they could be good..
    Think Alan Gowling...

Quote Originally Posted by occult View Post
    Ghostrider suggested that Joselu might have got 4 goals in his last two games. Perhaps after the Liverpool game he might have got, what, say 6 or 7. He could turn out to be the top premiership might-have-been goal-scorer at the end of the season which would do wonders for NUFC's might-have-been league position and might-have-been goal difference. He could become a legend...' did you see the goal he nearly scored against Liverpool...yeah, even better than the goal he nearly scored against Stoke.' But seriously I agree that he works his socks off and does some good things on the pitch but a striker who doesn't score is as useful as a TV with no picture or a car that doesn't move. I agree that Gayle should be regarded as our top striker because he has scored real goals. Of course, Joselu might start scoring ..the trouble is these defenders and goalkeepers keep getting in the way.
    Yeah yeah, I get it, I get it and you don't win games by nearly scoring and potentially being a good striker, but hear me out and answer this honestly.

When Joselu first started for us and scored, many fans could see that he had something to offer. They knew he wasn't a Thierry Henry or a Luis Suarez type but they knew he can score goals.
    He's a few games into the season in a new set up and getting to grips and suffering some bad luck that on another day could have been much different.
    It's a fine line between a real good start and what looks like a less than impressive one.

Given the right service and a show of faith, I believe he can be a very good asset to us...and bear in mind that he hasn't done too bad so far. The only thing missing is the obvious end product he was brought into produce, yet I'd worry if he wasn't finding the positions to get into to get chances...but he does.

It's up to Rafa what he does but Joselu deserves a few extra games to get that kick start and I'm sure his contribution will more than benefit us considering where we are at the moment.

Oh and one more thing.
    I'm nit picking here but I think it's relevant.

When Joselu gets the service, which he could have got at Brighton, he gains a 100% better chance of scoring from that service.
    Atsu could have provided a lot of that with his crosses into the box, after his great running to the edge of it....but guess what?
    Atsu couldn't even get the ball into the box because he kept on hitting the defender and wasting the opportunity for anyone to get on the end of the hard work and no end product.

You see, on another day Atsu MIGHT have got some of those balls into the box.
    See what I'm saying, occult?

It would be silly to drop players when you can see the potential to produce is just a kick in the @rse away in any game.

He is a good line leader but needs a goals scorer behind or alongside him.Wynn Davies wasn't our best goal scorer but while he was keeping defenders occupied Pop Robson took advantage.His technique is good as well as his work rate.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    He is a good line leader but needs a goals scorer behind or alongside him.Wynn Davies wasn't our best goal scorer but while he was keeping defenders occupied Pop Robson took advantage.His technique is good as well as his work rate.
    Hence the Alan Gowling jibe,you must remember him and Supermac.

I think he's contributed a lot more than goals (yes he should have scored at least one in each of our last 2 games) but his good play far outweighs his misses (for now).. He'll come good, just needs confidence and some more support.

If any fingers are pointing, direct them to Perez, in his last 2 games he's been pretty ****e tbh. I rate him and it looks like he's Rafa's sweetheart at the minute but **** me does he need to cut out the bull**** and get back to basics, replace him with Shelvey then Merino and Hayden can sit in behind.

I'd personally be tempted to play Mitro/Gayle up top and play Joselu behind them, I think he'd link up really well with a partner in front tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Hence the Alan Gowling jibe,you must remember him and Supermac.
    it would hard to argue who was best with supermac personally i liked john tudor

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    it would hard to argue who was best with supermac personally i liked john tudor
    Tudor and supermac made a great pairing.

We've had some truly great pairings at the Toon through history.

Oh memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    We've had some truly great pairings at the Toon through history.

Oh memories.
    I don't think any to beat either Shearer and Sir Les or Shearer and Pedro in my opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)