+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surprise Surprise

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    I was so happy when he took over Notts and kind of sad that it worked out the way it did, I hope he takes a break and sorts himself out, he is a decent manager so best of luck to him.
    I think any manager that was employed during the previous regimes would have struggled to make any impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    I think any manager that was employed during the previous regimes would have struggled to make any impact.
    I'd agree with you. One can only imagine it would have been very difficult and as we know the atmosphere around the ground was toxic and the heavy dark clouds of what were to be the last embers of the Trew reign were burning out.

Fans had completely had enough with the previous regime and after the Fullarton and Cooper reigns at first it seemed like we were not too bad a side and many move upwards. If memory serves me correctly we played Blackpool and won 4-1 and that was coincided with allegations about players not being paid?, which then the bad run began.

I think his spade is a spade mentality may not have been what was required at that point in time as it did not seem to galvanise the players or squad. In fact his gloomy, sullen outlook as the weeks without a win increased seemed like he was stuck in quicksand. The defining moment from me was when we were on TV and he was sat in the stands and looked like a petulant school child.

He is a good lower league manager but for us it was wrong club at the wrong time and he has not had the best year of his career since leaving Oldham and coming to us and then going back to Oldham. Although he did keep them up they seem like they are like how we were the season before we got relegated.

When writing this it kind of puts things into perspective to see how far we really have come since the turn of this calendar year and how remarkable the transformation has been.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 26-09-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12