+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surprise Surprise

Surprise Surprise

John Sheridan has gone.

Sheridan had a commendable track record until he came to Notts. That job shot his confidence to bits. Football is full of managers who made their name and then fell spectacularly from grace. Then you get characters like Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche who seem to have the stamina and intelligence to stay the course. I think Notts may have one too in Kevin Nolan.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Sheridan had a commendable track record until he came to Notts. That job shot his confidence to bits. Football is full of managers who made their name and then fell spectacularly from grace. Then you get characters like Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche who seem to have the stamina and intelligence to stay the course. I think Notts may have one too in Kevin Nolan.
    Got to agree with that sid, memories are starting to be erased of the last few years and the return of normality to the Lane, early days as of yet but it feels oh so much better long may it continue.

From BBC Sport, quoting the Oldham website:

He has left with the Latics bottom of the table after taking only four points from their opening nine games. Sheridan's final game in charge was Saturday's 5-1 thrashing by Rotherham United. "The board of directors would like to place on record their thanks to John for his contribution to the development of the club..."

The difference in atmosphere now compared to when Sheridan was here is unbelievable. We are now going to games expecting a win and a positive performance. I for one will be disappointed if we don't get at least a point tomorrow. I will be going to Mansfield expecting a win. We are building a squad that always gives 100% and can grind out a win when necessary. We are still a bit light upfront but hopefully that will be addressed in January. Onwards and upwards.

Would Chesterfield take him back? Surely Branston won't last long as caretaker.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    A good call. He could probably do with a break though (clear his head!).
    Hope he gets another shot at it. His early record, with a promotion on his CV, warrants that

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    A good call. He could probably do with a break though (clear his head!).
    Hope he gets another shot at it. His early record, with a promotion on his CV, warrants that

Agreed. He probably also deserves that break!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Looks like Jack Lester will get the Chesterfield job

Quote Originally Posted by Messiah Masson View Post
    John Sheridan has gone.
    I was so happy when he took over Notts and kind of sad that it worked out the way it did, I hope he takes a break and sorts himself out, he is a decent manager so best of luck to him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast