+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hecky sez

I think he still doesn't know his best 11. So I wouldn't want to confuse him anymore by adding more players to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I think he still doesn't know his best 11. So I wouldn't want to confuse him anymore by adding more players to the mix.

He's got a fair idea though I'd say mate. Until he's tried more combinations with certain players returning from injury then he's never really going to get a settled 11 or best 11. Maybe a settled or best 11 is irrelevant in today's football ennyrooard. You seldom see a club playing the same 11 on a consistent basis these days. It's a squad game now and that's exactly what we have, strength and promise in almost every position.

Brad Potts as well Pass

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    He's got a fair idea though I'd say mate. Until he's tried more combinations with certain players returning from injury then he's never really going to get a settled 11 or best 11. Maybe a settled or best 11 is irrelevant in today's football ennyrooard. You seldom see a club playing the same 11 on a consistent basis these days. It's a squad game now and that's exactly what we have, strength and promise in almost every position.

Agree with that P&M

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Brad Potts as well Pass
    Touch like an elephants foot but a good sprinter like a cheearter

Hecky: “Jacko has done his posterior cruciate ligament. He’s going to be out for a while. It’s a real blow for both us and Adam sadly.”

: “Ethan Pinnock is back doing rehab so that’s timely. We have faith in the players who will now get their chance.”

: “Lloyd, Gards, Cavarč, they’re all getting closer too. The more options available the better we will be.”

“Both ourselves and Nick Townsend felt he needed to play now. He’s been excellent and deserves football. We’ll monitor him closely.”

“This weekend’s game is one everyone looks forward to. I expect us to meet a wounded animal on Saturday.”

“I nearly got into a fight in town when I signed for Wednesday! We know what this means to Barnsley fans.”

“It’s about the wins regardless of the opposition. I’d rather be praised for winning than for playing well and not winning.”

Hammill says .....

Hammill: “I’ve told the lads who haven’t played in this game exactly what to expect. It’s going to be a different experience for them.”

“The lads know what this means to the fans. Look at Yids last year against Wednesday, he refused to come off with an injury.”

: “It’s a fiery game and derbies are about passion and entertainment. We want to make the fans proud of us on Saturday.”

: “I think we’ve been better than results suggest this season. We’ve a really good, strong group in there.”

: “I’m not resting on my laurels. I think I’ve done well so far but it’s not about me, it’s about the team.”
    Last edited by EastStandRed; 26-10-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Well that's a MASSIVE blow losing Jackson for a lengthy spell ,possibly rest of season ? Not what we needed , I hope lad makes a speedy recovery , So who replaces him Angus , Pinnock ? Not sure if he's fit , one that may be tried in Central defence could be Matty Pearson , he's played that position in his past season's

Angus surely

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Angus surely
    Well you would think so, may be it's time for him to get playing well again , didn't impress in under 23s recently tho , nowt against him , he's done well in the past , so good luck to him and the rest of the team for Saturday , Forza di Reds UTFLWG ope

Hecky: "Zeki missed the weekend through precaution, we didn't want to risk a slight knock he was feeling with an important week coming up."

: "The diagnosis on Adam Jackson is better than we feared, we're looking at a few months still but not the whole season now."

: "I've watched the Sheff Weds game back, I felt we did well with the shape and the lads understood their roles. It's important we improve."

: "We can all look at the same incident and interpret it a different way, it just seems some are getting missed in our favour."

: "We know it's a big week because we've got two games in a week, nothing more. We've got lads fit and I feel we're in a strong place."

"Burton is always a tough place to go, I've watched their games back and they've given everyone a hard time."

"They caught a lot of teams cold last season and now teams are paying them the respect, we've experienced that ourselves."

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast