+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Hecky sez

Get Angus suppin some pints of Guiness. It'll feed his blood wi iron.

He might have haemachrometosis. Quite common.

As long as his blood remains RED then he'll do fo me

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Get Angus suppin some pints of Guiness. It'll feed his blood wi iron.

Guiness deal on at Chennels av heard, 30 bob a pint

Gauthier G : “Everyone at the Club owes something to Patrick Cryne and we will continue to honour him in our work.”

Hecky: “Patrick took a massive sense of pride in running this club, he and his family gave everything to the cause.”

GG : “Even to the end, Patrick worked for the best outcome for his club. His dedication was making sure that Barnsley Football Club was in good hands.”

Hecky: “I want everyone to use Saturday to give Patrick a great send off. I urge everyone to come down, pay tribute and hopefully the players can tap into that and get the result for him.”

Hammill: “Patrick came into the changing room at Wembley and he was more elated than the players! His love for this club was obvious, I hope we give him a great and warranted send off on Saturday.”

Hammill: “I’m one of the old men here now but I feel as fit as I’ve ever been. I still feel I can provide more special moments at Oakwell.”

Clapham: "We've addressed a bit of a balance between young and old. Experience and youth help each other out."

Clapham: "Everybody who comes into the football club has a specific role. We have a clear style in the way we want to play and clear messages of the type of player we want to bring in."

Clapham: "I would say it's been a good window. If you look at who has gone out and who their replacements have been, we have to be pleased."

I think for the first time this season regardless of quality it's the first time we've had a balanced squad.

Paul Heckingbottom spoke to the media following the 1-0 defeat at Loftus Road.

The Head Coach was frustrated at his side not taking their chances after being on top for large parts of the game. The Reds went into half-time level at 0-0, but an excellent strike from former Barnsley midfielder Josh Scowen gave the West London outfit all three points just a few minutes after the restart.

He said: “We needed to score when we were on top in the first half, we had some really good opportunities and should have capitalised on that. You’ve got take them. That’s been our season, not scoring whilst you’re on top is a big thing. Because of how competitive this league is you know that the opposition will have a moment in the game as well, and today they have taken theirs."

Heckingbottom felt that his side were punished in the only spell that they were second best, just after the restart. Other than that one moment, the home side didn’t create any notable chances on Nick Townsend’s goal.

“Probably the only spell when we were the second best was the 10 or 15 minutes after half-time, when QPR built up momentum by dropping on second balls and picking up any clearances but even then we were still looking comfortable. It’s taken a worldie goal from Josh Scowen to win the game. I have to credit QPR to be fair because with 10 men I felt they defended really well.”

Following the completion of the January transfer window, Heckingbottom and his coaching staff now have six new faces to work with in the dressing room.

“With the players we brought in we now have some competition in every place. We have to try and get the young boys up to speed quickly because they aren’t used to the Championship and they don’t know their role within the team, so if we want to make the most of those signings we have to bed them in quickly.

“We’ve also got players coming back to add to the group again. We’ve had two good players travel down today that we had to leave out. Zeki [Fryers], Adam [Jackson] and Lloyd Isgrove will be coming back as well so we’re going to have options, then it’s down to the players performing, fighting and getting into the side then keeping themselves in the team.”

The Reds are now facing a run of fixtures throughout February against a lot of sides around or near them in the table, beginning with a local derby against Sheffield Wednesday this weekend.

“We’re not going to hide away, I’ve said openly to the players, the press, everyone, that these two months are going to define our season and we have got to embrace that. It’s going to be tough but we’ve got to enjoy it, enjoy the challenge of it.”

Can wi ev new Hecky Sez and Loan players threads Guvna ? Please , teks t long fomee nar trawling thru towd stuff

PAUL HECKINGBOTTOM: YOU HAVE TO BE AMBITIOUS

Paul Heckingbottom is looking forward to getting started after being named new Leeds United head coach on Tuesday.

The 40-year-old left his position at Barnsley to take over the reins at Elland Road, signing an 18 month contract to replace Thomas Christiansen, who departed the club on Sunday.

Heckingbottom took charge of his first training session on Tuesday afternoon, after his appointment was confirmed earlier in the day and he is looking forward to the challenges ahead.

“It has been a bit of a whirlwind over the past couple of days, but I am really pleased to get everything over and done with,” said Heckingbottom.

“I’ve been out on the grass with the players, so everything is a bit more familiar for me now and it is straight into the job.

“I knew there had been contact on Monday, but I carried on my day as normal until I had permission from Barnsley to speak to Leeds and it was a long night, before everything was finalised on Tuesday morning.

“It has all been worth it, now it is all done and dusted, we can start looking forward, it has been an exciting time for me and now the work starts.

“Once I had been here and looked around, it was an easy decision for me to make.

“Everyone knows my affiliation with Barnsley, but when I signed on the dotted line to become a manager, I was going to be exiting Barnsley at some point, whether it was getting sacked or moving on, luckily for me it was a successful couple of years and now I am moving on to a really good club in Leeds.

“I am coming here to be one particular part of a bigger set up and it excites me to be responsible for the team, players, performance staff and coaches, adding to what is already a clear infrastructure of how the club wants to be run, which really appeals to me.

“I know all about Leeds and I think I have to use that to my advantage in terms of expectations, with the size and potential of the club and what the fans want.

“I am more comfortable sitting here, understanding the club and the history and being a big part of how it wants to go forward.

“You have to be ambitious when you do this job and to win promotion to the Premier League is the ultimate goal.

“With how things are going in management, in my position, you probably have to win promotion if you want to manage in the Premier League.

“If you ask any manager currently in any division, they will say they want to be in the Premier League, so it was another reason for making the change and is the ultimate challenge.”

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast